Clear All

HP 15-bw0xx Laptop Screen Garbled

HP Laptop 15-bw0xx
    Bios version F.52
    System Board ID: 8330
    AMD A6-9220 Radeon R4, 5 Compute Cores 2C+3G
    CPU speed @ 2.5GHz turbo of 2.9GHz
    8GB ram @ 1866 MHz

This laptop has a garbled screen error sometimes at boot see picture below, I have plugged in an external HDMI monitor and when booting if the laptop screen goes bad so does the external monitor but if I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in the external monitor shows fine but the laptop screen is still bad, also if I change the screen output setting with "fn key + F4" from being "duplicate" (same image to both monitors) to just the external monitor and then change it to just the laptop screen the laptop screen shows fine....so by switching the error goes away

I have run the following tests:

Memtest86 USB boot version with 4 passes = all good no errors
    (CPU) Intel Burn Test w/ 10 passes = OK, passed
    ran FurMark for about 10 minutes = OK no problems
    Scanned HDD for bad clusters = none
    Updated Bios to F.52
    in HWMonitor temps are about 50 C while Windows 10 loads and goes to 27 C at idle
    I tested the output of the power adaptor to the laptop and it is as rated
    I have tried disabling the TPM in the Bios and clearing it
    I have restored the TPM to factory settings (enabled again)

This laptop has a clean install of Windows 10 and new thermal paste but it hasn't been used for about a year, when I looked up the CPU it was made/released in 2017 and said it can handle 90 C temps. Does this sound like a GPU or motherboard problem?
    Attached Files

Re: HP 15-bw0xx Laptop Screen Garbled

In my opinion, the video chip..a little hot air over the video chip with the blower, and you see what happens..this is just a test and with great care ...
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

It could be an LVDS translator problem,if this board has one. Whats the motherboard part number
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I found this number in the Bios "system board CT number" is: PGNFEK21U88GT6
        where do I find the part number if the one above is not it? Is it printed on the motherboard?

I cant really do a hot air test to the CPU/GPU because its a friends laptop.

Comment

it is marked on board like DAxxxxxxxx

Comment

The motherboard part number is:

MO: 46313477
            SPS: 924720-601
            Date Code: 7J1780

Heres the parts list for this laptop:

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.asp...chText=1ZH41PA
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CdDvdFlash View Post
              HP Laptop 15-bw0xx
              Bios version F.52
              System Board ID: 8330
              AMD A6-9220 Radeon R4, 5 Compute Cores 2C+3G
              CPU speed @ 2.5GHz turbo of 2.9GHz
              8GB ram @ 1866 MHz

This laptop has a garbled screen error sometimes at boot see picture below, I have plugged in an external HDMI monitor and when booting if the laptop screen goes bad so does the external monitor but if I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in the external monitor shows fine but the laptop screen is still bad, also if I change the screen output setting with "fn key + F4" from being "duplicate" (same image to both monitors) to just the external monitor and then change it to just the laptop screen the laptop screen shows fine....so by switching the error goes away

I have run the following tests:

Memtest86 USB boot version with 4 passes = all good no errors
              (CPU) Intel Burn Test w/ 10 passes = OK, passed
              ran FurMark for about 10 minutes = OK no problems
              Scanned HDD for bad clusters = none
              Updated Bios to F.52
              in HWMonitor temps are about 50 C while Windows 10 loads and goes to 27 C at idle
              I tested the output of the power adaptor to the laptop and it is as rated
              I have tried disabling the TPM in the Bios and clearing it
              I have restored the TPM to factory settings (enabled again)

This laptop has a clean install of Windows 10 and new thermal paste but it hasn't been used for about a year, when I looked up the CPU it was made/released in 2017 and said it can handle 90 C temps. Does this sound like a GPU or motherboard problem?
              Have you tried another RAM stick/module???

Comment

Working...
              X