pin5 0v
    pin6 0v
    pin7 0.9v
    pin8 0.7v
    pin9 2.9v
    pin10 0.7v
    pin11 2.34v
    pin12 2.34v

what should be the problem already tried program bios and ec, fresh install windows 7

Re: acer v3-471g no touchpad

Some Acer laptops have a setting for touchpad in the bios - Advanced or Basic

Make sure it's set to basic

I had 2 Acer laptops recently with the touchpad not working and it was the setting in the bios set to advanced

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchmist View Post
      Some Acer laptops have a setting for touchpad in the bios - Advanced or Basic

Make sure it's set to basic

I had 2 Acer laptops recently with the touchpad not working and it was the setting in the bios set to advanced
      This model doesnt have have settings for touchpad in bios. Iwonder whats the problem

Comment

Try flashing the BIOS for one - I had a 5551G on which no touchpad would work - Synaptics didn't even register as a device, and ELAN showed up as Synaptics.

Flashed the BIOS to the latest version - touchpad started working (ELAN) as intended. Didn't try the actual Synaptics TP as I've decided not to fiddle with something that started working.
        Main rig:
        Gigabyte B75M-D3H
        Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
        Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
        16GB DDR3-1600
        Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
        FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
        120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
        Delux MG760 case

Comment

This is a screenshot of the setting in bios for aver v3-472

I didn't spot it at first.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Just got another Acer E5-511 touchpad not working and not detected in device manager - no option in the bios to select basic/advanced

Bios was on v 1.03 - updated to 1.10 and option appeared in bios - set to basic and now working ok.

Have you tried a bios update?

Comment

Hi Just got another Acer E5-511 touchpad not working and not detected in device manager - no option in the bios to select basic/advanced

Bios was on v 1.03 - updated to 1.10 and option appeared in bios - set to basic and now working ok.

Ok ill try and make an update

Comment

Heres an update the version of the unit bios is v1. 29 but still no settings for touchpad

Comment

Is the touchpad driver installed under HID or mouse if yes download the latest driver from acer (windows 10 64 bit I assume) uninstall the driver currently installed and select remove driver the use the downloaded installer.

Comment

Working...
                  X