Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarion FZ104PA stereo has no lights and dark LCD display.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarion FZ104PA stereo has no lights and dark LCD display.

Check those diodes around 7808; those are 3 small 1N4007 diodes act as TVS, after replacing few of those, the lights and LCD display becomes visible. Sadly this stereo has no adjustment for brightness.

Our fleet of buses all has this stereo. It goes take a while to fix all this. Very simple but tedious works. I hope this will help someone else.
    Attached Files

Re: Clarion FZ104PA stereo has no lights and dark LCD display.

It's amazing to me that we have a batch of 2016 - 2017 Blue Birds with these radios and they all have the same problem!

I was pleased to learn that if I hold the flashlight from my phone over the display at just the right angle I can read the display but that's not very easy to do while driving. ;-)

Going to convince the boss to let me pull the radio out of my bus and give this repair a shot. Wish me luck.

Will advise.

Comment

it may be an idea to see if you can replace the lamps with leds and resistors.

Comment

Thank you number 22 for your suggestion, unfortunately that didn't work for me. I've had a dim readout for a couple years now and had hopes this would be the cure. Any chance you've come across any other defective component(s) that resulted in the same readout condition?
        Last edited by Techmedic; 09-12-2022, 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Could not find a schematic on the internet by model of Clarion. Does anyone have the board number?

Comment

Working...
          X