PS4 Disk problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 Disk problem

Hi everyone, I got to repair a PS4 game console with the problem of reading discs, initially I thought the laser was defective, I changed it, the same thing, after which I further opened the console and discovered what is in the pictures . I changed the bd7764muv chip because it had a missing pin, the problem is that it still doesn't work, all the pins are connected, I checked many times and I don't really know what else to check. Can anyone help me with what voltages I should have besides this chip? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: PS4 Disk problem

hard to see which way round you fitted the chip but looks wrong to me

Comment

There are no pictures of the best quality but it is not wrong.

Comment

Did you check the ceramic caps for shorts ?

Comment

impressive mess,

as someone who fixes a lot of battery-damaged boards, the first thing to check is all the through-hole plating.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            Did you check the ceramic caps for shorts ?
            Checked, everything seems fine.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              impressive mess,

as someone who fixes a lot of battery-damaged boards, the first thing to check is all the through-hole plating.
              Checked.

Comment

Originally posted by A1yn88 View Post
                Hi everyone, I got to repair a PS4 game console with the problem of reading discs, initially I thought the laser was defective, I changed it, the same thing, after which I further opened the console and discovered what is in the pictures . I changed the bd7764muv chip because it had a missing pin, the problem is that it still doesn't work, all the pins are connected, I checked many times and I don't really know what else to check. Can anyone help me with what voltages I should have besides this chip? Thanks.

Hi,
                Just some thoughts..
                When you say "it doesn't work", do you refer to the disc is not spinning or that the disk is starting up normally when you insert a disc, but you get an "unknown disc" message?

Can confirm your bd7764 is on the board in the correct direction.
                I would also check the big Reneas chip next to it. Check for loose pins and corrosion.

Also check F6001 and F6201, located on the flip side of the board next to the (white or black) connector. They are normally marked "N".

If all this checks out, with everything connected, are you able to update the FW on the PS4? If you are able to update, it is an error inside the disc drive. If not, also check the flat cables to the disc. They are very brittle and break easily.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X