PN50C590G4FXZA Horizontal Solid Black line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN50C590G4FXZA Horizontal Solid Black line

Hi welcome to the start of the end of the world lol, anyways my tv just recently showed a solid thin black line. Is this easily fixable by replacing the buffer board or is this set screwed? I don't have much experience with plasma tvs. So if yall could tell me how to diagnose a board or maybe what to do next thanks.
    Attached Files
    YES
    0%
    NO
    0%

Re: PN50C590G4FXZA Horizontal Solid Black line

I'm thinking about buying this https://www.tvpartstoday.com/BN96-12...a.htm?CartID=1. Would that work out?

Comment

Here's a good video showing how to test the buffer board for shorts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51SZsfH60EY
      Your board should work but double check the sticker on your buffer to confirm.

Comment

I will do that, thanks.

Comment

https://www.tvpartstoday.com/LJ92-01...j92-01680a.htm Well i just bought that board. When i receive it i will tell you guys what's going on, Thanks guys.

Comment

I also just wanted to say that after i took it apart, I took the chance to blow it out with a air compressor and clean the crap out of this thing. I might as well as i have it apart and i also tightened all the ground screws as they were very loose. I now just am waiting for this board to ship and i hope the plasma screen isn't dead.

Comment

Take a piece of tape and place it on the bezel right where you see that black line and then re-seat that ribbon cable where the tape is on the ribbon cable from the panel into the buffer board. If it's not in position right it will cause a horizontal black line. Sometimes it takes a few tries so be patient and be careful with those ribbon cables. Once you get it positioned right the black line should go away. Since the others are fine don't try to re-seat them.

Comment

I will do that once i get my new board and tbh i don't think it's a connection issue i took of every ribbon cable and used a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol on both the connector and the ribbon and then re-seated all of them tight. Just a little update i tried what you said and it had no effect so i guess i'll just wait till the new board get here and pray it's not a plasma failure instead of a bad buffer board, thanks guys.
                Last edited by Super360; 03-23-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

bad buffer connection
                  locate the connector that aligns with the line and unclip and reclip a few times (dont take out the strap) shout fix the issue , do it with now power

Comment

I appreciate the help but as i stated i already have taken every connector off and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol. I then re-seated every connection and it had no effect, Thanks for the input though.

Comment

did you try both side?

Comment

If you are talking about what the y buffer board plugs into then yes. I took out the y buffer board and i cleaned all those connections, put the y buffer board back in and still nothing. I'm not touching the x main yet.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Super360; 03-24-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

do you actually know which cable on the buffer board is responsible for that line?

Comment

My board is coming in tomorrow so i don't really know. I'll update you guys if the new board fixes it.

Comment

I do believe that you can disconnect one cable at a time which should reveal a "black section" as a result... from there you can determine which cable is associated with the black line. I think that's how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                I do believe that you can disconnect one cable at a time which should reveal a "black section" as a result... from there you can determine which cable is associated with the black line. I think that's how it works.
                                You know i wanted to do that but the problem is i have heard bad things happening when you unplug stuff with a high voltage plasma.

Comment

that's true but I think it depends. In this case, it would be no difference than an improper plugged cable. Anyway, you are getting / going to try another buffer card which is fine. The test (of unplugged cable) is so that you can understand which cable may be an issue and then focus your attention very close on that area). Based on my limited experience, the black line is the result of no signal making it down that "section". As you have tried (and others suggested, some get lucky) find reseating is necessary. From my limited experience (mostly LCD but does apply), this is a very "delicate" operation in terms of alignment / seating.... misalignment does happen among other things. Hopefully your replacement will solve the problem.

Comment

Just a little update swapped in the new board to only have it still have the same issue, damn that sucks. I guess i will have to deal with a black horizontal line now. I also reconnected all the x-main connections and nothing. I had a lot of faith in plasmas but now i know why everyone hates these things. I'm just going to sell the boards on ebay and make back some money now.
                                    Last edited by Super360; 03-28-2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I think you should try narrow down which connector the line is associated with. It might help.... maybe as then you may be able focus a bit more on that part of the connector.

Its too bad ... I like my two plasmas (both 50, panasonic and samsung).

Comment

I have tried reconnecting this damn thing 50 times, putting pressure on it everything. It's obviously in the panel traces or something. It only has 1 small horizontal line so i will use it until more lines show up and then part this beast out. It's a damn shame for a 10 year old tv, the picture quality is amazing in my opinion.
                                        Last edited by Super360; 03-28-2020, 10:04 PM. Reason: u

Comment

Working...
                                        X