low leakage or low impedance caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low leakage or low impedance caps?

ive been given a panasonic tc32lx60 which to get working only needed the main power supply filter cap changed and two fuses. its a 2006 model with probably beaucoup hours on it, want to recap the whole set as its got only about 30 e caps in it. i went ahead and wrote up a cap values list but i wasnt sure about the types of ecaps that were used. in my audio experience a low impedance cap is used in filter or bypass applications. a low leakage is used in the signal path , theres a variety of types in the set and the nichicons i can figure out but theres some rubycons that were green that im not familiar with. i also have NO video repair experience, does some kind soul have a quick and dirty answer? and does anyone know anything about converting these older sets with cfl's to led's?

Re: low leakage or low impedance caps?

ESR Very Low Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR)
    Ideal for Power Supplies- High ripple and current capability

Comment

would nichicon uhe and upw fill the bill?

Comment

Originally posted by as1jc View Post
        would nichicon uhe and upw fill the bill?
        yes or any ESR

Comment

well thank you kindly any of you fellas doing led conversions? im not planning on it as this thing still works at present but will if backlights fail. no cfls here that i can find.the factory service manual is ratcrap as well with no board schematics and they even left out the cfl driver board!! and its a hobby anyway.what impressed me about this set is the build quality in the era bpc (black plastic excrement) and i think its worth keeping around.

Comment

Working...
          X