Sony KDL-70W850B T-CON problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-70W850B T-CON problem

I did change the t-con and it goes to protect mode green and orange ligth comes on blinking....i press on power button and plug while holding power button and its start on arrow circle around cycling and stays there for ever...
    Attached Files

Re: Sony KDL-70W850B T-CON problem

I was looking for firmware..went to sony page downloaded and think am doing something wrong...any anwsers

Comment

Do you have to pair the Tcon to the mainboard. Diah and Neilc6 may have some information on this that could help.
      Last edited by dick_barton; 01-22-2021, 03:38 AM.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yes , far as i am aware of , T-CON & main need to be paired .

Comment

So how do i need to pair t-con to main..

Comment

T-CON replacement dont need any pair at this sony. the T-CON must be 100% for the same model and screen size.. but if the original are defect and it register 5 blinking error ,, then need to clear the error at self diagnose service menu..pairing and adjustments need only if Main boards or tuner replaced..
            so..
            why you changed the T-CON ??
            put back yours yours original T-CON in place and turn on to let the set running normal again..... and show us clear photo on the boards and the issue you have.
            Last edited by Diah; 01-22-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

The problem of the tv with original t-con is that when tv is turn on works great all day once its to be turn off you cant turn it back on it gives green and orange ligth...i need to unplug it and it will turn on good until its turn off....so did change t-con new and does not come on green and orange ligth

Comment

This what happens with new t co....to get to this ...i had to press and hold power button and plug to ac/outlet and gives me the circle just going like buffering..and stays like that...
                Attached Files

Comment

The ligth change to blue..

Comment

Originally posted by hmendez86 View Post
                    The problem of the tv with original t-con is that when tv is turn on works great all day once its to be turn off you cant turn it back on it gives green and orange ligth...i need to unplug it and it will turn on good until its turn off....so did change t-con new and does not come on green and orange ligth
                    this issue you described had nothings to do with T-CON.
                    firmware start script when the set turned off, there are low RESET at the chips where forced the start script start from beginning. so the set will turn on normal again as last state before it turned off. if this small procedure interrupted because of bad chip ( sector) or there were bad caps which didn't discharged as it need so the chips ( start script i mentioned above ) remain active and didn't reset it self. until the currents drops close to ZERO.

i asked you at my post #6 to put back yours original T-CON so we can start diagnose the issue.. but as usual many just they believe on what they have in mind.. on this way i cant share my help.

Comment

Hi Diah

Have a few questions , if you don't mind .

Is this one of the earlier Sony models , that use the Linux operating system ?

Is it the later Sony sets using the android operating system that are more particular , with regards to pairing ?

Thank you in advance , Zen.

Comment

Zen, asking questions is great but you need to start your own thread. If someone stops to answer a bunch of questions in the middle of someones thread, it only takes longer and adds confusion and unnecessary length to the thread. I'm pretty sure Diah knows the answers but this particular thread is for the task at hand, trying to fix this tv. Not that I really care what goes on here, it's just a little distracting.
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-23-2021, 05:40 AM.

Comment

THX nomoresonys.
                          its early Linux.. T-CON pairing only will be neccerry on any brand not only sony when the T-CON owned its SPI Flash contained firmware (updateable) to let it match the main firmware.

Comment

Thanks Diah

Also apologies , in future will start new thread , for unrelated content .

Regards Zen.

Comment

Hi...i change the main and got it to work...i did the upgrade t-con was fine all the time...now the tv stay on the green ligth and shows pic...but now the no backligth with flash ligth it shows the picture...i see the channels and menu.......

Comment

But before did the update the backlight were working...first i put the usb with update then i connected to outlet and started alone updating and backligth on with the circle arrow doing his update when it finished turn on and off then back on but with no backligth...but i can see the image with flashligth now it stays green ligth...

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Want to know the voltages for.. vled_vcc am gettig 41.5v

Comment

Ill post later the voltages am getting on all pins to see whats missing.

Comment

Throw your original mainboard in there, see if it works now.

Comment

Working...
                                        X