10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Re: Window XP Product Actvation Not Working

Get a copy from here: https://isoriver.com/windows-xp-iso-download/

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        I'm always leary of "foreign" downloads -- unless every file IN the ISO is signed and/or the ISO claims to be a copy of one from a known producer and the hash is available on that original producer's web site, somewhere. It's just too easy to doctor an ISO without these validations.

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
          I have version 5 on it right now

I tried install version 7 and version 8 no go with either one
          XP comes with Internet Explorer 6.
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Last edited by R_J; 03-23-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

what the hell is this thread about??

XP is abandonware.
              there are upto date versions now with full functions, no registration and all service packs and drivers already merged-in.

Comment

^
                Meh, I'm not too trusting of those hacked up 'abandonware' ISO's that are so plentiful....most are bloated with malware and other sordid crap. I have one or two XP systems still remaining....for testing purposes only and to run some older programs that don't function correct on anything newer... These systems are not connected to the internet. I have XP on a couple old game rigs....if they get some nasty malware, I can care less...they're expendable... Nuke 'em and reload....but I've not had any issues with them.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                Team : 49813
                Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  ^
                  Meh, I'm not too trusting of those hacked up 'abandonware' ISO's that are so plentiful....most are bloated with malware and other sordid crap. I have one or two XP systems still remaining....for testing purposes only and to run some older programs that don't function correct on anything newer... These systems are not connected to the internet. I have XP on a couple old game rigs....if they get some nasty malware, I can care less...they're expendable... Nuke 'em and reload....but I've not had any issues with them.
                  It shouldn't be hard to find "genuine media" in a thrift store, friend's junk pile, etc.. I routinely pick up anything "genuine" that I come across as they are usually practically given away (10c/disc). If I discover that it is a duplicate of something that I already have, on hand, then I'm out 10c. <shrug>

Unlike other applications that likely have misplaced any "activation codes" that might be (have been) needed, MS OS discs are so ubiquitous that you can almost always find something that will make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious.George View Post
                    It shouldn't be hard to find "genuine media" in a thrift store, friend's junk pile, etc.. I routinely pick up anything "genuine" that I come across as they are usually practically given away (10c/disc). If I discover that it is a duplicate of something that I already have, on hand, then I'm out 10c. <shrug>

Unlike other applications that likely have misplaced any "activation codes" that might be (have been) needed, MS OS discs are so ubiquitous that you can almost always find something that will make it work.
                    I have plenty of genuine media....except a corporate edition of XP64.....lemme know if you have one. I want to try my keys on it.
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

I have plenty of genuine media....except a corporate edition of XP64.....lemme know if you have one. I want to try my keys on it.
                      I am positive (99.2603%) that I have a copy, here. I recall finding one just about the time I was moving my machines to W7x64 and debated staying with XPx64 as "insurance" that my drivers, apps, etc. would have NO problems migrating.

But, I'm moving my archive to newer hardware so getting access to the ISO will be a chore (I only keep physical media for OSs that I am installing and, thus, NEED as bootable media. everything else gets imaged and stored on spinning rust).

Comment

Originally posted by Curious.George View Post
                        I am positive (99.2603%) that I have a copy, here. I recall finding one just about the time I was moving my machines to W7x64 and debated staying with XPx64 as "insurance" that my drivers, apps, etc. would have NO problems migrating.

But, I'm moving my archive to newer hardware so getting access to the ISO will be a chore (I only keep physical media for OSs that I am installing and, thus, NEED as bootable media. everything else gets imaged and stored on spinning rust).
                        Thanks and lemme know!
                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                        Team Stats

Comment

This key works well for xp sp3,despite of brand name.i`ve been using it for a long time.
                          It should work for any version of xp.however I only use win xp professional.

Comment

Any reliable sources where I can scare up a VLK?
                            Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
                            RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                            Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
                            - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
                            - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
                            - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
                            - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TechGeek View Post
                              Any reliable sources where I can scare up a VLK?
                              I'd give you mine, but they're actually legit....I have 4.
                              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                              Team Stats

Comment

^
                                I generally use virtualbox. Have a full 'default' disk image copy, so if something does fuck up, you don't have to format it or reinstall, just delete the old disk image and rename the new one, make a new copy of it, rinse repeat
                                Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                                ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                                  I generally use virtualbox. Have a full 'default' disk image copy, so if something does fuck up, you don't have to format it or reinstall, just delete the old disk image and rename the new one, make a new copy of it, rinse repeat
                                  You're assuming that the OS under which VirtualBox runs cost nothing to install, originally, and nothing ever "fucks (it) up".

[I'm neglecting the overhead of dealing with a VM and any performance hits]

I've found that I can usually reinstall a CZ image in about the same time it takes me to locate an offline copy of the "template" for my VM (I use VMware on an ESXi server) and restore that.

And, of course, my CZ imaged systems aren't constrained to having small-ish system images (e.g., most of my systems have several hundred gigabytes of "system" in their images/VMs)

[I mainly use VMs for dedicated applications under specific OSs and not for complete "running systems". So, I can load an old version of a PCB layout app that ran under W2K without having to worry about it conflicting with a NEWer version of that same app running under W7.]

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                                    I have looked for a recovery disk for this computer and not found one yet
                                    IBM 8183
                                    I did find a company that you can get most restore recovery disk

I ordered a set with shipping was less than $20.00

I will share the website link once I get the disk and try them to make sure that this works

This company does take PayPal as payment
                                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                                    1 Dell Mother Board
                                    15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

IBM has an ftp server for old shit, or ask on Vogon's forum.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                        IBM has an ftp server for old shit, or ask on Vogon's forum.
                                        There website is having some issues either error 404 or the page keeps reloading
                                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                        1 Dell Mother Board
                                        15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

This is a message that I am going to share with you

If you have to activate a Windows XP operating system

Here is where you can get activation set of numbers to activate it

Here is a website link to activate the product key activation

https://microsoft.gointeract.io/inte...2&token=runUTn

I call the phone number that is on the activation screen and when you call it there is an option to activate it by your smart phone

This how I got this website link

I hope this helps some one else as it has help me
                                          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 04-05-2020, 03:09 PM.
                                          9 PC LCD Monitor
                                          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                          1 Dell Mother Board
                                          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
                                          X