Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powersupply washingmachine. Relay problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Powersupply washingmachine. Relay problem?

The small fuse is ok , it is in the same trace as the door mechanism. Check this link :

https://tweakers.net/ext/f/pM1cYoGVz...nBAOE/full.jpg

The trace for the fuse is on the outer right side of the board and you will find F2 on top.

Do you think this board is a double layered board? I saw a small crack near the small relays. The crack did not damage the traces , i checked it with a multimeter for continuity.
    So unless its a multi layered board the traces are all fine.

There are no service manuals for these models right?
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      It could be that the ipm is bad and not the relay, the ipm is used to drive the 3p motor.
      There is a small black fuse (f2) between the one relay and the blue poly cap, is it ok?
      If you can check the voltage across the bridge rectifier and make sure there is dc voltage there to supply the ipm
      The bridge rectifier is the ic on the heatsink left on the picture right? It has 4 pins. Ill upload a picture of the part.
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Pictures of the parts.
        Attached Files

Comment

yes thats the bridge rectifier in the second picture, it will have a/c voltage on the 2 center pins and dc on the 2 outer pins. it connects to the 2 large capacitors and it supplies the voltage to the ipm, which converts the dc into 3 phase ac to drive the motor
          Last edited by R_J; 02-11-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Will measure the voltages when i get home.

I could have figured that out myself though. Just looking at the backside of the board i can see the bridge rectifier on top. Middle pins going to the voltage regulator ( IPM? ) which connects to the motor. The 2 pins with the red plastic is the connector for the motor.

I ordered the rectifier ( D15XB60 ) and the voltage regulator ( KIA78R05PI ).

Still dont know why the machine is not giving me a error. The crack resulted in a dE error which is a door error. I repaired the trace and error is gone.
            Last edited by Moreno83; 02-12-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Did you check that output and the On/Off control of the 4 legged 7805 when the washer does that weird thing?

Comment

No not yet. Will do that when i get home and measure the rectifier first.

First need to remove all the sillicon from the board.

Comment

You say the red plug goes to the motor? then what does the white plug next to the black heatsink connect to? I would have thought that was the motor connection. It is on other diagrams.
                  As for the pc board it looks to be only single layer.
                  The IPM is located under the large black heatsink, it has 16 pins on one side and 7 on the output side
                  Did you check the voltage on the voltage regulator ic?

What is the model number, maybe there is a service manual available online
                  Last edited by R_J; 02-12-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Yes i also think its single layer. The board was sinked into sillicon so it was stuck to the housing and very hard to get out. With bending the board a little i got a crack in the corner. so im lucky its single layer.

Ok , i though the red wire was the motor. i'll check again at home.

Do you have any service manual/diagram for me?

Comment

You know as hard as I try I just can't see the model number from here, move it a bit to the left
                      There are some manuals on the internet
                      here is a link to a service manual, it uses a different board https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...f1afbc31a1.pdf
                      Last edited by R_J; 02-12-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

So i measured the voltages on the rectifier. If you look at the picture above of the rectifier the voltages from left to right are : 48v dc , 110v ac , 110v ac , -57v dc.

I removed the plug from the white connector next to the big heatsink which you say is from the motor. It is going down into the machine so i guess its the motor cable. I measure +/- 3v AC on all 3 pins???

So its either the ic under the heatsink or the big relay that is not turning on the motor signal? What do you think?

Comment

The board number is DC41-00189A , washing machine is WF80F5E5P4W
                          Last edited by Moreno83; 02-12-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

to measure the voltage on the bridge you measure the a/c across the 2 center pins, then to measure the dc voltage out you measure across the 2 outside leads.
                            That 3 pin plug to the motor supplies 3 phase variable frequency ac to the motor, I doubt yor meter would measure it. you would need to measure across two of the pins not to ground or neutral.
                            Did you check the voltage on the 4 pin voltage regulator ic?
                            It may not be the ipm under the heat sink or the large relay, maybe one of the small relays needs to close before it will alow the motor to run.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by R_J; 02-12-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

DC is 312V
                              AC is 230V ( europe ).

Diode measures 0V using ground from the machine. Voltage regulator measures +/-45V on pin 2. Also using ground from the machine.
                              I cant turn the pcb upside down because the wires wont let me.

I could solder some wires to the parts if needed.....

The relays on top are 12v dc , i got some working relays on a powersupply from a tv that i can use.

any suggestions?

Comment

You CAN NOT use the machine as ground to measure those voltages. thats why they are wrong. that is a +5 volt regulator it should have + 5 volts on it, That voltage supplies a lot of the circuit, if it is missing nothing will work.
                                Use J26 (next to CE2) for ground,

Also check the solder on the pins of the smps transformer, they don't look that good in the picture but that might just be the lighting.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by R_J; 02-12-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Why is that? I normally repair tv's and there you can use ground for dc voltage. For example ysus voltage.

Is it different on washing machines?

Will measure the voltages tomorrow and will let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Comment

"Voltage regulator measures +/-45V on pin 2." (on a 5 volt regulator?)
                                    You must be familiar with the difference between HOT and COLD ground in televisions
                                    Ever measure the voltage on the main filter cap in a smps using chassis ground.

There are two (4 pin) voltage regulators on this board, are they both KIA78R05PI ? I suspect the one is a +12 volt regulator
                                    Last edited by R_J; 02-12-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

You are right. Will measure the correct values when i get home.

The other one is a KIA78R15PI , so it's a 15v regulator.

Will let you know if i get 5 and 15v and a voltage on the diode
                                      Last edited by Moreno83; 02-13-2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                        "Voltage regulator measures +/-45V on pin 2." (on a 5 volt regulator?)
                                        You must be familiar with the difference between HOT and COLD ground in televisions
                                        Ever measure the voltage on the main filter cap in a smps using chassis ground.

There are two (4 pin) voltage regulators on this board, are they both KIA78R05PI ? I suspect the one is a +12 volt regulator
                                        Thanks again for all the help , im new to actually repairing mainboards from washing machines and i didn't think clear about using ground from the machine.

The regulator you marked is a KIA78R15PI and i measure 12.3v using ground on the board. ( Got a fluke meter ).
                                        Datasheet says it needs to be 15v. So either they used the wrong part or it does not give enough output?
                                        To make sure i also measured on pin 2 , same voltage.

The diode measures 17.3v on cathode.

The other regulator near the ground marking is a 5v regulator.
                                        Last edited by Moreno83; 02-13-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Ps the original error on the board was a 3E error which means the ipm detects a overcurrent and thats why the motor wont run.

Comment

Working...
                                          X