finlux 50fme242b-t flashing backlight leds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: finlux 50fme242b-t flashing backlight leds

remove the strip and heat from the rear to remove the LEDs, you can use hot air ( Paint stripper) if you have one, an iron would be Ok as long as it was 60w+ or a hot plate . PM me with the number of LEDs you need + your address and i will send them to you

Comment

I have this TV and the back lights problem has occurred one corner of TV is in darkness and can't source replacements anywhere

Comment

Hi All

I know this is an old thread, but I have been asked by a work
        colleague to have a look at the above-mentioned set.
        I know it's a backlight issue but the screen is a Vestal VES500UNVL
        I have seen on E-bay these [URL="https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FINLUX-50FLHKR242BHC-VES500U"] for a Vestal VES500UNVA.
        Are these likely to work or are they completely different for
        this set and what are the pitfalls with doing one of these thanks

Alan.
        Last edited by crt man; 07-23-2018, 04:42 AM.

Comment

the ebay link does not work

Comment

Sorry cannot get link to work will have to copy and paste
            FINLUX-50FLHKR242BHC-VES500UNVA-50INCH-7020PKG-72EA-DRIVE-CHIP-10-PIECE-KIT
            Last edited by crt man; 07-23-2018, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I have used that seller before hes very helpful send him a message through ebay he will confirm if ok for your set i cant help regards too fitting the leds as not done this type yet myself im sure flocko or maybe diif will be able to advise you
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FINLUX-50...-/332425505049

Comment

Hi All
                Can someone advise me if the above backlights are repairable
                and what does it entail, there is one led out in the strip but
                there are 22 pairs that are reduced in brightness out of 72.
                There also seems what look like resistors blown off the board
                but not sure on that, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alan
                Attached Files

Comment

Contact Microtech AV Services and see if they can help you identify replacement leds
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I have contacted them as they have the parts available,
                    but I do not think I will be able to do this repair,
                    and have asked them if they do a repair service.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                      remove the strip and heat from the rear to remove the LEDs, you can use hot air ( Paint stripper) if you have one, an iron would be Ok as long as it was 60w+ or a hot plate . PM me with the number of LEDs you need + your address and i will send them to you
                      Forgive my ignorance but is it the metal strip you heat,
                      to remove the led's?

Alan.

Comment

alloy strip on rear of LEDs, heat until you can remove LEDs without force, replace by dropping the new LEDs on to the pads using a little flux, and heat from the rear ( make sure to have the LEDs the right way round) Good luck Flocko

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                          alloy strip on rear of LEDs, heat until you can remove LEDs without force, replace by dropping the new LEDs on to the pads using a little flux, and heat from the rear ( make sure to have the LEDs the right way round) Good luck Flocko
                          There is some that are not at the same brightness as others, do they need replacing as well.

Thanks
                          Alan

Comment

There are two LEDs side by side in one case, if only one is working it will show as not being as bright, this is why using 4.5v to test them is useful as they do not burn your eyes out at this voltage, and you can see if only one half of the two are working (although they are working the shorted side will not lite ). If you have a lot of LEDs like these in any of the strings I would replace them as they will fail in time

Comment

What I mean is there is one case where one LED has failed,
                              there are 22 working with two LED'S but not as bright as the others.

hth

Comment

The part where you say looks likes blown resistors on the board is that the area where the leds are less bright?

Comment

In the picture P#27 shows one of the area's where these have come from I
                                  am not sure what they are as it does not appear to be a circuit.
                                  There are five of these along the length of the backlight.
                                  The dimmer ones run the whole length of the strip.
                                  Last edited by crt man; 07-30-2018, 05:30 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

There are five of these along the length of the backlight.
                                    I wonder if they are protection zener diodes.
                                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                                      I wonder if they are protection zener diodes.
                                      Well when I say there are five, there was five (as they have all come off).

Comment

your problem could be with the four string driver IC (MP3394S), take the time to look at its data and how it works, as for the crispy black parts they were diodes that stop the strings back flowing, but should work without them as the LEDs will do the same job
                                        Last edited by flocko; 07-30-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X