finlux 50fme242b-t flashing backlight leds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finlux 50fme242b-t flashing backlight leds

Hi- I have a finlux 50fme242b-t with issues.
    When I turned it on the other day, the screen was dark and flashing. The image was perfect but backlight (and therefore the image) was transitioning from very dark (possibly off) to dark and back repeatedly and consistently. It seems like it might be a common problem but I can't find any specific info. I would be grateful for any help.

Re: finlux 50fme242b-t flashing backlight leds

You have some failed LEDs on the back light edge strip, common on this model. I do have some replacement LEDs if you have the tools to replace them. Test each LED by applying 4-6v to find the faulty ones

Comment

Thanks - I was hoping that it was just going to be the psu.
      I have never taken an lcd tv apart before and I was looking for some confirmation before I dived in at the deep end. Looks like I will have to hold my breath and go for it.

Comment

Pain to do I would buy it off you though if any interest £100 cash and delivered to me with stand and remote ? But must be untampered with If not watch my videos on Led backlight repairs.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

This is an edge- lite set, the strip has very fine tracks that damage easy.Contact sordid999 he has had some LEDs from me to repair this model.He will give you some clues how he did it or snatch Reeceys hand off for the £100 (he must have some Christmas money burning a hole in his pocket) but I have some LEDs if needed

Comment

Thanks Reecey for your generous offer and I will certainly consider it. However, I expect curiosity and stubbornness will get the better of me, so please continue to forward any tips, help, advise that you have.

Comment

One question perhaps someone can answer for me. I have spoken to Finlux and they claim that there isn't a service / repair manual for this tv.
              I can't believe that is true or is it perhaps that they will not let customers have it and only supply it to their registered repair shops?

Comment

No they are correct the set is made up with a mix of Vestal parts with an LG LCD panel.If you have no experience with removing the LCD and filter screens, to get to the edge lite strip, i would do a search of you- tube videos to see how its done, as the LCD is easy to damage and the set is then scrap

Comment

I use Leds salvaged off another 50" strip, use hot air to remove them. Unscrew the Leds from the heatsink and hot air em off and put the new one on simples. Also Flocky christmas money is kept seperate to my own business money which is what I will use to buy this set. Also £100 right in your hand op and a huge pain off your shoulders haha
                  Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Hi motormover were are you from in the UK. you could find someone on here happy to repair it for you.Reecy glad to hear your not using that Christmas money I put in your card,to buy more old shit

Comment

Flocky I wouldnt dare do that, thanks for the card as well did you get mine ? There was a Tv in it, couldn't fit it on my back on my bmx so I put it in a card fit fine postage was cheap as well.
                      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 12-30-2016, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Yes thanks Reecey for the card and gift, I did cop for extra postage charge of £50, but it is just what I wanted, another broken screen TV to go in my parts store. All the best for the new year hope its a good one Flocko

Comment

Lol cheers bud hope you and your wife + kids have a good one

Comment

Happy new year everybody !
                            I've checked out the led strip. It looks like there is only one side strip. 72 leds split into 4 segments, 18 leds in each segment.
                            Of the four segments it looks like only the 18 leds in segment 3(?) are on and flashing. Does this still suggest a faulty led? Could it be faulty driver or wiring?

Comment

You were told it was edge lite , and yes it could be the four string driver IC.or Fet but the LEDs would be my bet. You can test each LED with a DC voltage of 4-6v.you will see when testing. each LED is in fact two in one case. tell me if you need any, i have an old strip here and will post you some

Comment

Hi Flocko,
                                Thanks for the super fast reply.
                                Sorry, yes, I noted that they were edge strip leds I was just trying to clarify my status. I had expected at least two strips at opposite edges of the screen. lol
                                I have gone a little further and removed the strip and I notice that an led adjacent to the working section has three black dots / smudges that are visible on the surface of the device. Do you think that that is a typical indication of a faulty device?
                                Last edited by motormover; 01-02-2017, 06:44 AM.

Comment

sometimes you can see the faulty ones, but the only way is to test them, for this you can use three AA cells to make up 4.5v, or if you test them in pairs using one 9v, check them all, and keep in mind that they are two LEDs in one case, you can have one fail short and one work, you will see this if only half the LED lights up. any that only half light or show no light should be replaced

Comment

It looks like I have one that's completely dead and another four that that only have one side working.
                                    There are several where I think that both sides are working but one side is definitely dimmer than the other.

Comment

Should I be able to just desolder the two tabs and lift?
                                      Is there a reason to use a hot air gun rather than a regular soldering iron?

Comment

Use hot air not an iron.

Comment

Working...
                                        X