Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digihome 32DLed906

Hi All
    I have received a Digihome LCD 32 inch come in with the power on led flashing red on/off and set does not power on.
    Now it does have the VESTEL 17PW25-4 and I know these p/s can be troublesome , but all looks ok on this board but I have seen some ware that if you have a flashing red light on one of these sets it is usually the main av board at fault would this be right ?
    Have seen a couple of theses Digihome have been worked on in this forum but I have not seen one of these sets before.
    Any help much appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Digihome 32DLed906

Can you bring the supplies and backlight up using the standard jumper method using resistors?
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

schematic if you dont already have it also it maybe wort trying to freeze spray the eeprom ic and see if the set starts up then
      Attached Files
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-08-2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Have not tried standard jumper method ? could you please let me know what size resistors and what connections to make please Dick . Thank you
        Thank you Vince for the schematic unfortunately I am out of freeze spray used up the last of my spray last week need to order some more.

Comment

this thread in post 15 reece mentions a flashing led is a mainboard issue like you mentioned in your first post so maybe it is a eeprom issue
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ESTEL+17PW25-4
          Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-08-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

With the mainboard disconnected from the power supply jump +5VSTBY to STBY_On/Off (PL805 pin 14 to pin 6) using a 1K resistor and also +5VSTBY to BL_ON/OFF (PL805 pin 14 to pin 8) using a second 1K resistor on the power supply.

Comment

I have just tried that jumper test and no backlights ?

Comment

Did all the secondary voltages come up?

Comment

If there's a problem with the inverter board which looks like it's cooked in your photo possibly because of driving faulty led strings then here is a cheap replacement.

There's also a smd ceramic fuse on the inverter board that I would check.

Check your leds out using your led tester to see if you have a problem there.
                  Last edited by dick_barton; 10-09-2017, 02:41 AM.

Comment

I have checked the fuse that seems ok
                    I have connected tester to the backlight lead but there is only one lead and I have tried it on all four connections on tester board and have tried on all voltages but no back lights ?
                    The instructions with the tester are very vague there are two connections on the main tester unit 1 or 2 for the connection of the B/L tester panel to connect I have tried both connecters .
                    But it does not switch on backlights?

Comment

I'm not certain of what you are meaning. Do you have an LED tester that can test a string of led?
                      What tester have you connected to the backlight. The led tester or panel tester?

Comment

It is the led tester panel that came with the lcd tester here is a picture of it connected.
                        The instructions are very vague I have tried all volts on the main unit 3v3 , 5v and 12v and I have tried it in all the connections on this panel.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The inverter board says for 15" to 22" panels so your 32" it probably does not work on your 32" panel.
                          Do you have a computer monitor you could connect to the VGA output of the tester to check that the tester is indeed working?

Comment

That little Inverter board is not going to be able to drive all the lamps, it has 4 transformer and only one of them has the load (your panel connected so it may be in protection shutdown mode. Your panel uses over 100 Watts of power so that little inverter board is not going to do it.
                            What is the LCD panel model number? The panel probably uses EEFL for backlights.
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I have connected the tester via VGA to my pc monitor and got test cards displayed.
                              This TV LCD is a LG lc320dxn 320B8W4K00A1WKP2C
                              That is what is on the label.

Comment

This set has a LED back light, and what you are calling an inverter board is a LED driver board that is powered from the 24V out of the power board

Comment

If this driver board was kaput would this cause the flashing st/by light ?

Comment

The panel pdf shows the 14 pin connector for the led driver board.
                                    Status should be < 0.7V and On/Off at 5V
                                    Status is probably the detect led(s) fault control signal.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by dick_barton; 10-09-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Looking at the schematic pin 3 of pl804 should be 24v on testing I get 25.1v

Comment

do you need to jump bl on on the psu as well just in case it is a main board fault

Comment

Working...
                                        X