• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Repair LG 60UF770V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDQNOU2w_ek

Comment

Will try all these tips.

I think I will replace power board as well since I can get one for £20.

Maybe it will allow the tv to turn on again

Is it possible to test mainboard, is there schematics available to check readings with multimeter
      Last edited by aidy55; 08-02-2019, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I've replaced the power board, no difference. Replaced one of the lvds cables, they are not the same, they are different sizes so could only try on. But I don't think its that anyway. Going to return these parts.

I can get a t con board on ebay but not sure what that could do

A computer repair shop nearby does bga rework, might try them.

But the TV is not booting up at all. When you press the power button the TV does light up but just black screen but it is even back-light if you know what I mean, so it couldn't be display

Still can't find anything solid on why standby light blinks twice

Comment

Not sure what you mean to rework IC under white heat sink. Here is a picture. Where should I heat it, I've got a hot air gun on my aoyue solder Station.

I've spotted a few solder points that look like they need touching uo
          Attached Files

Comment

You need to remove the white mental heatsink and you'll see an IC.
            Rework means re-soldering that IC, but it's BGA IC so it's a bit harder and skillful. Please refer to youtube video for BGA soldering tips if you're not experienced.

Comment

Where can I get schematics for main board, if I ring LG will they provide them.

OK ill get the heatsink off and have a look at IC, I've got fine solder tips and hot air gun from my solder Station so will give it a go

Comment

Lg won't provide schematics

Comment

You mean this chip here. Yea looks difficult. I can see what I can do with my heat gun.

Ready to give up on this TV. Its up in the attic now out of the way, will have to make do with a 42 inch on the wall.

Maybe will find someone who has smashed screen, spares and repair.

Does anyone know of any centres that may deal with large number of broken TV. Basically a scrappy for tvs lol
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aidy55 View Post
                    You mean this chip here. Yea looks difficult. I can see what I can do with my heat gun.

Ready to give up on this TV. Its up in the attic now out of the way, will have to make do with a 42 inch on the wall.

Maybe will find someone who has smashed screen, spares and repair.

Does anyone know of any centres that may deal with large number of broken TV. Basically a scrappy for tvs lol
                    There are a few in the UK, EMOS, spares2repairs and tvparts spring to mind.
                    Good luck with finding one though, BGA failure on the LGs is common so they are rare. You might get lucky on ebay but most people seem to ask silly money for broken screen TVs, although you do occasionally find them cheap.

You ideally need more than a hot air station to effectively reflow the solder. The heat has to be even and you don't want just the processor area heating up, the whole board should be around 150c to avoid thermal stress before reworking it.

Comment

Send it off for reballing, should be much cheaper than finding a replacement board.

Comment

Might find a replacement board on that page but who knows if it will have the same problem in the near future: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&_odkw=fire+tv

Comment

New main board coming today I hope. £70. Not too bad.

If a new main board doesn't fix it, I've no idea what to do.

Is it possible a faulty tcon board could cause issue in picture at start of post

Comment

Working...
                          X