lenovo T460 no cpu core voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lenovo T460 no cpu core voltage

damn, i have to write it all over agian..

It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T460

So in short this time: I have somewhat similar Issue, but I'm missing all rails: CPUCORE, SA, GFX.

For every of the 3 Chips/Rails:
    DRVON is present (4,7v)
    PWM is present (2v)
    20v Input is present

CPUCORE_PWRGD is NOT present.

I tried another bios but it didn't work out, same behavior. After a very short rise in powerdraw it sits in at 48mA.
    Do you have any recommendations? Output of every IC/rail controlled by NCP81208 is 0V. But as said, PWM, DRVON are present at the ICs
    Last edited by Pferd5; 11-11-2019, 07:43 AM.

Re: Lenovo without CPU voltage

Originally posted by Pferd5 View Post
    damn, i have to write it all over agian..

It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T460

So in short this time: I have somewhat similar Issue, but I'm missing all rails: CPUCORE, SA, GFX.

For every of the 3 Chips/Rails:
    DRVON is present (4,7v)
    PWM is present (2v)
    20v Input is present

CPUCORE_PWRGD is NOT present.

I tried another bios but it didn't work out, same behavior. After a very short rise in powerdraw it sits in at 48mA.
    Do you have any recommendations? Output of every IC/rail controlled by NCP81208 is 0V. But as said, PWM, DRVON are present at the ICs

Without the Schematic cannot give exact recommendation you have to try at least with another BIOS to FOR CORE Voltage
    RTCVCC
    NBS to DNBS
    DC TO DC
    VCCSA
    SIO VRON
    CORE VIN DATA CLK PMW EN
    BIOS
    if the MB pass minimum processor state you will bet the core voltage
    Last edited by Techtiger; 11-12-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

hey thanks i found and fixed the problem. i was kind of distracted by the plastic layers on the board and missed one destroyed inductor. i replaced the inducter and the cap next to it (short but no visual signs) and that fixed it.

Comment

i should have found the issue way more earlier but I did some mistakes.
        I thought I messured CPU POWER GOOD but this was enable signal (missed the Testpoint) and I didn't thought about an Inductor for the VCCSA input voltage (blown). VIN was present for all chips except the VCCSA creating one. (but obviously I did not check - as i thought connection from VIN is directly without such a components in between.

Comment

Working...
        X