Vizio e3d320vx stuck on V logo - Looking for schems/firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio e3d320vx stuck on V logo - Looking for schems/firmware

This is a 1080 smart 3d tv I bought off of someone for cheap and was hoping to get it up an running. When you turn it on, it displays the Vizio "V" logo and that's it. Must unplug to turn it off. Tried the 30s reset with no luck.

I have read a few fixes that suggested that the firmware was corrupted/badflashed and thats keeping the set from booting. I have a GQ-4X programmer with SOIC8 adapter.

As far as the firmware, I cannot find any downloads/dumps for this model, although I have read that there was at least one new fw release for this tv. I was curious if other similar models might use the same firmware that I could download instead?

Has anyone ever played with something like this or have a schematic of this or a similar model? This is the first Vizio I've worked on.

Thanks!

Re: Vizio e3d320vx stuck on V logo - Looking for schems/firmware

you have to replace your main board, the firmware isn't on a SOIC8. Its U52 on your main board. you will need an very expensive programmer to copy and write to that type of IC chip.

Comment

Looked for about an hour and could not find U52. Do you have schematics of the tv and/or board I could take a look at? The mainboard pn is 3632-1532-0150. I have been unable to find one.

Depending on what type ic chip the firmware is stored on I may be willing to invest in a programmer that would handle it as the cost of the board is +/- $75.

Thanks for your response!

Comment

OKAY its U12 on the back side of your main board

check ebay for a replacement board, I found 2 and 1 repair service

to program U12 you will need to spend about $1,000 for a programmer
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ecking767; 03-02-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Great, thanks for the info! I did find this that does program nands, including the Hyrix H27U's for $278:
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/TNM-2000-USB...-/321207236799

I'm thinking about it. In the meantime, I don't have access to a good copy of the firmware so I guess I'll be buying a board

Comment

Firmware/flash is surely Vizio's biggest weakness. Aside from that, the modern sets are really reliable TVs, from what I've seen, and usually with decent LG panels in them.

Almost seems deliberate.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by kisk View Post
              Great, thanks for the info! I did find this that does program nands, including the Hyrix H27U's for $278:
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/TNM-2000-USB...-/321207236799

I'm thinking about it. In the meantime, I don't have access to a good copy of the firmware so I guess I'll be buying a board
              its look OK to buy and I see HYNIX on the device list. I will check it out the device list for other EEPROM that Vizio smart TV's use. The price have came down for a Wellon programmer its about $650.

But also keep in mind soldering a TSOP48 can be a challenge.
              Last edited by ecking767; 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Just to update: I ended up buying a used mainboard for this set and it has worked flawlessly in the bedroom for almost a year.

Still haven't pulled the trigger on buying that programmer though

Comment

Are pre-programmed eeproms even available for this model? I've been trying to fix this same model TV for someone with the same problem. Displays logo and can't be turned off. I noticed eBay sellers had eeproms for other Vizios but I couldn't find this model listed. I did find a parts kit which was advertised as fixing this problem but turned out to be a total waste of money. All it contained were two 3.3V regulator chips, two fuses and a cap. All these parts checked out OK in the TV.

Comment

This might be a match, seems pretty pricey for a 32 inch tv tho at 60 bux, unless the 3d vision is just great, probably the best price tho since most are sold out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vizio-32-E3...YAAOSw-uhduyMq
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-18-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

What is your full model number or service code on the back cover of the tv?

Comment

It is also a E3D320VX just like the original poster's TV. The main board has this number along the edge: 0171-2272-3834. I would like to find just the eeprom chip if possible. I've seen them for sale for other models. But a cheap enough main board will do. Doubt if the owner will want to pay for replacing a $60 board.

Comment

Are there any letters after the E3D320VX or a service code number near the model number on back cover?
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-18-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            Are there any letters after the E3D320VX or a service code number near the model number on back cover?
                            No additional characters. The only thing else on the label is a model and serial number if those will help.
                            Model No. 10223320022
                            Serial No. LAQKJRAM1601057

Comment

Trying to figure out if any will interchange, it seems like a real head scratcher, shopjimmy had 2 listed, out of stock now: https://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsea...lt/?q=E3D320VX then there's this on ebay that says its from e3d320vx with a slightly different number, 3642 vs 3632: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/VIZIO-3642-1...cAAOSwax5Ythu-

Comment

Strange if you click one of the ones on shopjimmy it says will fit 2 different models, then if you click the other one it only lists one model, I don't know what to make of it.

Comment

From looking closer at the various boards, this is probably the one that looks just like yours, from what I can tell: https://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-3632-...YAAOSwIAJb1nkZ

Comment

0171-2272-3834 is the number on my main board and that is the $94 one on that site.

Comment

I think the one in post #17 is the same, crazy price tho, 70 bux plus 10 shipping.
                                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-18-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

This one has eeprom BUT I don't see 3632-1532-0150 or 3632-1532-0395 in the compatible numbers, could maybe contact m and ask if they have one for yours??: https://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-EEPRO....c100009.m1982

Comment

Working...
                                        X