Paper Jam fix all trick of the year for 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Jam fix all trick of the year for 2019

Today, I am going to share one of my favorite jam fix tricks that works in nearly every printer.

Things needed to make your tool:
    1. A laminating machine (can pay to use one at office supply or package store)
    2. some plastic 8"x 11" laminating sheets (8.5 x 14" works as well)
    3. some heavy paper (or laminate multiple sheet on top of one another)

You are trying to make a fairly thick laminated 8.5 x 18" sheet. (as pictured)

I am not going to tell you the step by step of making this extended sheet as you can do it easily with some imagination and using several laminating sheets end to end, and multiple passes thru the laminating machine. Your end product should be fairly thick and stiff (so as to be able to force it forward from one end) but also bendable. BE SURE TO CUT THE WIDTH TO EXACTLY 8.5 inches

Now when you get a customer's printer that repeatedly shows paper jam and you looked into every nook and cranny and cannot get the jam cleared, it's time to use this tool.

Open the printer access door and feed this tool into the paper path, then in most cases, you will have to FORCE it thru the path and pull it out the other side. Once you get hold of both ends, you can gently move it back and forth to excise the garbage in the paper path. I have used this many times thru many HP printers starting from the paper bin. Just turn the printer on its side and remove the paper bin and start forcing this tool thru the path, from the paper pickup area.

This also work on top SHEET FEEDERS.

Many times I have cleared that gummy stuff that causes jams when the ignorant users put Avery stick on labels thru a $500 lazer printer. (they do not care, it's a company printer)

TRY IT, it has saved me lots of time and disassembly.
    Attached Files
Working...
X