Samsung UN50MU6300 burnt tab bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN50MU6300 burnt tab bond

This one has a burned tab and I was wondering if I could just remove the defective tab to fix the issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN50MU6300 burnt tab bond

Nothing you can do, as I'm fairly sure that's a column driver so removing it will mean you get a big black bar down the panel.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Think I will keep the tv in hopes of getting one in with a good panel.

Comment

how did you get the back panel off your tv?? I have a un55mu650 i cant get off.

Comment

I am used to these tv's being pressed in. After taking out the screws I usually pry the right corner up and go along the bottom edge popping up the back cover.

Comment

Originally posted by realdealthill View Post
            how did you get the back panel off your tv?? I have a un55mu650 i cant get off.
            If it's the screwless type, you have to insert a Samsung sourced tool (I use a screwdriver) at the bottom left and bottom right access holes.

Lift the tool upward until the bottom corner pops, then slide the tool **upwards** and across the top prying upwards as you progress. Do the same for the other side.

DO NOT slide the tool along the bottom edge or you will destroy one or more ribbons from the address boards to the display.

John

Comment

Working...
            X