Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some one posted a comment about modifying some G code for some kind of heater setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some one posted a comment about modifying some G code for some kind of heater setup

I have tried to find this post but with no luck

Can anyone help me find it
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: Some one posted a comment about modifying some G code for some kind of heater set

That's me! What do you need?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83344

Comment

Re: Some one posted a comment about modifying some G code for some kind of heater set

Originally posted by clearchris View Post
      How do you program in gcode is this something that is easy to do or is it something that is difficult to do and learn

“ I reprogrammed the gcode to get a better controlled slope where required and max output for when the required temp gain is closer to 1.4C/sec. Pretty happy with the slope. Near term I'm going to have to add at least a buzzer, longer term a stepper to open the door. “

What I have in mind doing is use a Ender 3 controller board and use the heater extruder output and the heater bed output to control two heating beds or heating bed and a heater element ( at this point is just an idea but I want to see if concept is do able or not )

For circuit board warmer that have many layers so removing components might be easier to remove

Is there a way to 3D print letter and numbers if so what software do you use to create these items
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-01-2020, 09:13 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Are you talking about using your 3d printer to pre-heat boards? I don't think those will get hot enough. And with the hot plates, you don't really need to do a profile, you just need tight temperature control (pid). You can do that with just an arduino, a thermistor and a heater. I have been meaning to put something like that together, I just haven't gotten my hands on a thick piece of aluminum yet. You could even pick up a cheap electric resistive stove and goodwill and rig it up with an SSR and a thick aluminum disc to spread the heat. It's not really worth the complexity of running klipper on a hotplate, because you really only need the PID control and one set point. You aren't doing trapezoidal reflows, etc.

Do you have an arduino? You can pick them up for $3 or so, and there are plenty of libraries, including pid libraries that you can use.

For adding text, which I really, really avoid doing because unless it's big, it doesn't print well, I use openscad. I haven't figured out how to do it in freecad yet. Here's an example or how to do a nametag in openscad (not mine). Openscad is more like a programming language than a cad software like freecad.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1026348/files

Comment

Also, chinese pid controllers are really cheap now, you can pick one up for $10-15. Really not bad, comes with an LCD display and controlls too. Almost not worth building your own unless it's for fun.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sac...roller&_sop=15
          If you go this route, make sure the thermocouple is the right kind for the controller.

Comment

Working...
          X