This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Olá o meu nome é joaquim sou de portugal trabalho em reparação de TVs e PCs.
    Cumprimentos
    Joaquim Vale

Comment

hi is this where we post our introductions for new members?

Comment

hi i"m Martin ive joined this forum to find a solution to my laptop crisis. The laptop is a Toshiba satellite L850D and it does not power on at all, i have done some investigation and have discovered that a ceramic cap has shorted where the power input is located....i have included a pic of the area of the main board where the issue is and i have removed the suspect component
        Attached Files

Comment

what i want to find out is the actual value of this ceramic cap as it does not have any markings on the part nor does it have any indication of a value on the board itself

Comment

Hi everyone. Quick introduction from me, I'm here to find help repairing my tv.
            I'm an enthusiast, and electronic is one of my pastime, so I think I'm at the right place.

Comment

Hi folks, I joined this forum out of gratitude to all those who take the time to post and offer technical advice. A coworker wanted to donate a Samsung tv to our break room at work and the tv backlight was out but it had audio. The posters on this forum had already successfully repaired several of the exact same model and specified what cap on the power supply board was a good starting place to check. It saved me a lot of time and led to me successfully repairing the tv. So thank you all!

Comment

Hey. I discovered this page from the crt collective (enthusiast group for CRTs, especially high end PVM/BVM monitors and computer screens) I also ran into it due to my Asus P5E motherboard developed problems with a faulty transistor. My motherboard is now perfectly working, all because of you.

Comment

Hello.

I am a Ukrainian-based programmer that takes interest in always learning something new. I've worked a number of years as a system and network administrator for a 200-ish employees company, now getting back into the coding scene.

As a side income I still support the companies and individuals that have come to depend on me throughout the years I was in the admin & service scenes.

As component-level repair is something I am entirely blank on, I'm taking my first steps in DYI electronics game.

I am fond of my machines that I pick with great care and my clients whom I've come to know closely on a friend-level basis and I try to care for them as if they were my family.

That's about it.
                  I hope this community will show to be welcoming and I will do my best to grow and become useful as its member.

Comment

Hi everyone
                    I lived in Mauritius and love electronics. i am sure by forming part of this wonderful community will help me to increase my knowledge. My journey here has just started and i am happy to be here.

Comment

Hi, I'm Marc from Germany.
                      I hope I can find help for my problem here.

Comment

Hi I'm Graham From Australia.
                        I work in IT as a Technical Engineer i look forward to seeing what stuff i can find out this form about repairs. And learning how to fix bad caps of course !

Comment

My Name is Paul Hollingsworth, I live in Coventry England, and I've been messing with computers hardware / software since 1982, my first computer was a 2mhz Sharp mz-80k with 12 k of ram, which I pretty sharply(pun-intended) upgraded to 4 mhz and 48k (wow!)I've mainly been a professional programmer since then, working on pc's and I switched to macs in 2009,I was happily flying high until a stroke seriously stopped me in my tracks in 2014, left me with a paralised left side and a clunky brain,but, hey, I survived so I can't really complain

Comment

Hello,

Joined for help with a tv issue but have had blast going through the forums. Been awhile since I have done component level troubleshooting. Forgot how much I liked it. I am a former Navy ET and current network engineer.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Joined to check up on bios unlocking

Comment

Hi there. I am an electronics hobbyist who just got into SMD rework and open-source hardware. Came here to see what's up.

Comment

Hi everybody. I'm an electronic devices repairer and joined here to find a bios file. Not found in yet, anyway

Comment

Hello everybody

I have always loved to tinker with electronics since my child years
                                    but never thought of it as something i could do in my adulthood

but to make a really long story short

friend gave me shit for not being able to hold on too a job for longer then 6months
                                    now im repairing things on my spare time meanwhile trying to get a collage degree
                                    in electronics

Comment

Hello all.
                                      Runar signing inn from Norway.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am a software developer by profession, will be ordering my first soldering station after spending 7 years in IT. Excited about new learning that this forum will enrich me with. Any thoughts on which soldering station to buy will be immediately welcomed. I am based out of India.

Comment

Hello people.

I´m Marcos Mora from Caracas, Venezuela.

I came to this forum thanks to the PC repairman Paul Daniels, it was posted on his youtube channel description (on most of his videos).

I intend to learn board repair, and he says this is the adequate place.

See you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X