This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, I am a computer technician doing laptop repairs from klerksdorp in darkest, load-shedding south africa.

Comment

40 years of electronics knowledge looking for more..

Comment

Hello Everyone! First off, thanks to whoever posted the Macbook pro A1502 schematics. That really helped me. I'm a UK based electronics engineer and I'm fixing stuff in my garage as I edge towards retirement. My first computer was a sinclair ZX-81 and I started work for the BBC straight after my degree in 1989. I've been freelance now for 22 years, but only branching out into the gadget repair world for a couple of years. I hope I can help someone on the forum someday and thanks for all the help I hope to get from you.
        Thanks
        Pete.

Comment

Hi, and thanks for hosting the website; IT savvy techie here from SA, looking forward to utilizing the wonderful resources you guys have here, and assisting with any support / info requests that fall in my field. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello everybody

Comment

Happy to find such a technical community. I started replacing capacitors on my original Xbox's because of their crazy high failure rate. The xbox one ironically didn't have red ring issues, but their power supplies had TERRIBLE capacitors and they fail constantly.

I'm also getting into Bios flashing and thats what I'm hoping to learn more about.

Comment

hi, new to this, trying to teach myself some things

Comment

I have a smps power supply of 24 volts.
                  Recently after using for 15 to 20 minutes, output voltage starts to fluctuate between 23 .8 vok lts to 25 volts.
                  I have replaced all electrolytic caps but still output fluctuats

Comment

Hi Folks. Jinu here. Trying to learn to repair electronics stuff instead of replacing it. Found this forum to be exteremely helpful. Thanks

Comment

Hi all. I've too many (mostly old) consoles laying around. Some of them already started to leak (a game gear should be the worst I've seen so far, it also had some battery acid mixed in) and so I want to change the old caps before that happens.

Comment

Hi, I am working in Washington DC lobbying for a group in Oregon that supports legalization of assisted suicide, and drafting emails to state senators in Eastern states, trying to fix my dead MacBooks in my spare time, since I can access messages on MacOS/OS X. At the moment I'm winging it on a borrowed Windoze machine. Wish me luck and God Bless!

Comment

Hi all the way from NZ. Your kindess for making this site free registration is very much appreciated Ive learnt a lot from this site and its users .

Comment

Hi, my name is Rex, just joining because a lot of electronics seam to end up dead over a 30 cent part and I could use some help troubleshooting and would like to gain a bit of proficiency and knowledge in this field.

Comment

Hi, my name is rex. I have noticed that a lot of my electronics seam to die due to faulty 30 cent parts. I could use some help trouble shooting and would like to gain some proficiency and knowledge in these areas.

Comment

Me : Hi, my name is Dan, and I'm a fix-a-holic!

Group : Welcome Dan, the first step to fixing your problem is knowing you have one.

Me : I can fix that!!

Seriously, I'm a serial fixer and maker, hate to see things go to waste, and most things just need their bad caps replaced with good ones :-)

Comment

Default Hi from MoonShadow
                                  Hi peoples,

I'm from Sydney Australia and have been in the software development side of computers for 15 years now. Along the way I have build a few machines, for work and home, but don't think I should be given a soldering iron even if my life depended on it .

I am not sure how happy I am to find this forum as I have a VP6 with system freeze issues so I guess I will be replacing my mobo. I had been getting HDD failures as well, so I bought 2 new HDD to replace the RAID array with issues and the problem went away .... until I finished installing all my software, then another freeze.

Are there any thread around with lists of SAFE mobos that do not have cap issues? I am looking but have not found any yet.

Ideally I need a mobo with 4 ATA/100 channels so that I can attach the 5HDD and 2 Optical drives from my VP6 (raid or not I need the space).

Welcome any help

Comment

Hello
                                    I interesting the notebook repair
                                    Thanks

Comment

Hello, My name is Curt. I used to repair PC's back in the day. I'm trying to get back into it. I have repaired a few iPhones with touch disease, but I'm currently working on a MacBook Air. Seem's they use tantalum capacitors seem to fail alot. I'm hoping to learn from this board everything I can, and hopefully contribute once I learn more.

Comment

hello im from Philippines. i used to fix things specially laptops and gadgets.

i joined badcaps because i think i belong here and to gain more knowledge and improve my skills with the guidance of the masters here. thank you for allowing me to join here.

Comment

Hi all!
                                          I recently signed up in the hopes to increase my knowledge on electronics and to fix my ultrabook instead of buying another one. Been out of the computer scene for too long.

Comment

Working...
                                          X