This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there everyone, great to join the community.
    I live in Greece on an Island called Crete and I run a workshop here repairing TV audio Computers laptops tablets mobile phones-- pretty much anything electronic !
    I am from England but have lived in Greece for more than 20 years, I am 48 and have been into electronics since I was 10 years old back in 1977, building my first simple circuits in 79-80 at 12-13 years old and have never looked back.
    I'm sure many of you remember the CB radio craze of the early 80's and the arcade machine revolution. ( I just recently built an arcade machine that plays retro games ) It was a fun project.
    My first computer was an Amstrad CPC464 and I do still own the Amstrad CPC6128 and yes it works, but my BASIC skills are very rusty.
    Working with electronics for the last 25 years has been a privilege and a dream come true and I still feel like a child looking at something magical whenever I meet a new machine or circuit board.
    Electronics IS magic, the magic of science is the magic of our age.
    And we are the magicians of our age.
    I wish you all well and good luck to you all in your repairs and projects.

Comment

Hi i am Sam new member looking for help with LG 42PA4500 Plasma ..thanks in advance

Comment

Hello hello
        New member from,hydarabad ,in india.

Comment

Hey Everyone, I've been interested in electronics since I was very young and have replaced many bad capacitors over the years. Hoping to get some insight on how to tweak a Panasonic plasma television.

Comment

HI Everyone, I found this site while trying to fix my TV - The LED driver seems to be broken ... Anyway I will have a look about to see if i can find the solution. Otherwise i might have to start a thread.

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

I'm happy to join this forum. Thank you.

Comment

hi. very usefull forum. thanks for those who like to share their knowledge

Comment

Hi All,

I've been working on all sorts of devices, appliances, electronics, and computers since forever!

I'm interested in component level repair of virtually everything, and enjoy poking around the site.

My most recent "fix" was a component-level repair to the boiler controller in my home. Late on a Sunday, very cold outside, no help possible, potential expensive repair. Got 'er done for $0.00 within 30 minutes!

I look forward to learning and sharing here!

Comment

Hi everyone!

Im Robert, from Australia. Have stumbled across this forum fairly regularly in the past when searching for fixes for failed electronics. Recently encountered one (a LCD TV power board) that has me stumped, luckily someone on here had already encountered the same board with a different problem, so I thought i would sign up hoping some people smarter than I can assist me figuring the board out.

Comment

hello im kris from ohio. and i most certainly am not a robot.. i love electronics and learning and really need to fix my tv.. awesome board here and thanks for having me

Comment

Hi everyone!
                        My name is Vic and I live in California.
                        I'm really a mechanical guy who wishes he understood electronics better.
                        I just got my monitor working again thanks to this forum, but there's still some problems. So I just registered so that I can share in this great forum.
                        I'm really impressed by the large number of people out there who are willing to share their knowledge on the internet with videos and in forums such as this.
                        With all the bad news on TV everyday, it really makes me feel good to know that there are still lots of really good people who are willing to help others.
                        Thanks to all of you "good guys"!

Comment

Hello All ,

I'm Matt from Arkansas
                          I am a Ham Radio Operator and like fixing Older Style Ham Radio's.

My Favorite Radio is the Yaesu FT-101 E or EE I have many of these radio's i buy them hopefully not working and repair them.

There just awesome the receive is tops and the radio is a hybrid Half solid state and half tube type radio.

I am only new to Repairing radios and electronics but it seems I'm either lucky or i just have a knack for it.

I do love the idea of buying something broken OR even better getting a piece of electronic for free and fixing it. and the fact that if you can't fix it , you end up with parts,, I GOT A ALLOT OF PARTS lol

Well i hope i have said enough about what my capper is and am glad i found your forum.

I just recently bought a Heathkit CAPACI-TESTER Model CT-1
                          It's a basic Capacitor Tester but i like this old stuff .

Well it turns on and the Magic eye lights up but no response when i try to test something.
                          I did find a cap 221 220pF where a 200 20pF should be and fixed that but my issue with no response is still there. I'm thinking the whole thing needs to be recapped.

I hope to learn allot from some of you guys and maybe i may be able to add a little once in awhile .

Thanks for reading my post and hope to learn , because when i was in school i was not paying attention but i am now.

Matt aka FT-101

AF5ST Im good on QRZ

Comment

hello

Comment

hello people

Comment

Hello! Just stumbled upon this resource today when trying to find out some details about power supply changes / swaps that can be attempted with plasma TVs. Looks like a very informed group!

Comment

hey, im john, long time lurker
                                  I mainly recap tv's that come my way

Comment

Hi, I'm Lew. I'm a retired HP engineer. Love to do electronics repairs in my spare time. I think the name of this forum is spot on--it is amazing how many devices have failed due to lousy caps in electronics these days. They are usually the first thing I suspect when a device fails.

Comment

Hello from Spain, this forum is a good idea to support the repairing. I hope to help as well to be colaborative.

Comment

Hello from Greece.

I'm in the pc/laptop repairing business for 10 years now and i'm thinking to buy an OSC to enhance my work and fault finding, any guide or links will be great.

Regards and greetings to all members of B.C.

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums. I found your site when I was trying to repair an old 1800FP Dell monitor. Your forum is very very interesting and useful. I am an old software guy that study electronics 40 years ago and get again in touch with electronics due to my bad monitor.

Comment

Working...
                                          X