This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, my Name is Danny and i'm living in Germany ! Thanks ever so much for this site :-) I hope to gain information and successfully repair my power supply on my 30'' DELL UltraSharp 3008

Good luck and plenty of fun everyone

Comment

hello to all..

hope that i to can help, because i was help in here, ideas post technical and so on..

pedro

from portugal

Comment

Hello, first post.

I was thinking of picking up a Samsung DTB-H260F HDTV tuner for eBay ($20). It wasn't working, and a Google search lead me here, and explained that it is known to have caps that go bad.

I decided not to get it, this time. But I registered in case I do end up getting one, 'cause then I will recap it.

Comment

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi, i'm currently trying to fix a monitor that's why i ended up here.
          I'm a little technical but nothing serious, replacing a cap is doable for me.

Well i hope u enjoy my stay and vice versa.

Regards,

Robert

Comment

Hello guys!

I'm a mid 20's college student at UCSD studying Environmental Engineering.

One of my buddies had a plasma TV with pink/white pixels on the top half. He didn't want to pay to get it fixed so after one beer he was like, "Hey man, you want it? It's yours". SUH-WEET.

A Google search led me here and the information was really helpful. I'm now in the process of determining whether or not I should fix it with replaced parts or get the bad caps replaced by taking the board to a shop.

I'm happy to be here and I look forward to fixing up broken stuff to give it new life! As an environmentalist, I admire people who recycle old products to breathe new life into them. It saves you money and it helps the environment. Cheers!

Comment

What a great site!!! I cut my teeth on a Pet computer in the 80's, working up thru all the PC's and in the last few years I have been repairing laptops for friends. I now have lots of "friends". I've replaced many capacitors over the years but the proadalizer is new to me.

Thanks to all for their shared knowledge!!!

Comment

Hello. Recently fixed my first Samsung off craigslist and am now trying to fix a second prior to the start of football season.

Comment

Hello. I have fixed a few monitors, video cards, projection TVs and guitars. I signed up because I think there are a lot of people on here that can help guide people like me that aren't afraid to try to fix things themselves, but need a little guidance sometimes

Comment

Hi there,

This was the only place that I was able to find out what was causing the problem with my STB.

Thanks.

My name is Jeff and I am a computer junkie of 40 years.

Take care and God Bless.

Comment

Hi, name is Kleanor and desided to register since for the last 1 year I have been using advices from forum members in pcb reworking. Hope I can share some of the things I know.

Comment

Just a Hello from Milwaukee ,

Comment

Hello everybody. I have just decided to join these lovely forum.

Since when I first started with an old 386 that my uncle gave me for xmas I just could not stop.

Hope to have a great time around with you all.

Cherssss !!!!!!

Comment

Hello. I'm kinda handy with different things, I've built a few desktop PCs from components but nothing too fancy. Anyway, I'm a student again (at age 41) and I need to repair my 47" Magnavox, which brings me here. I need to fix it myself, can't really afford to buy a new TV and I would love to save money.

I think I've already found info here that'll help me.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am a retired EE having spent most of my professional career working in digital design & test development for an aerospace firm. I have been interested in electronics since my early teens, working my way through college as an audio/TV repairman.

I found this forum while researching a problem with my Samsung Syncmaster 305T. Since this is an introductions page, I'll save the details for a future post. Although I am new here, I am impressed with what I have found so far.

Comment

Hi, quick introduction from myself.42 years in repair side of business and have only found Badcaps.I will be revisiting again.
                                Alan

Comment

Not much to say here, 40+ in St. Louis. Originally from TX, and love it there (wife is sick and wants to spend time around her family so I am here in MO.) I have been dealing with electronics for most of my professional and hobby career.

Comment

Hi,

MY name is Tom and I am a Software engineer in Orlando Florida. I came across Badcaps.net in search of a solution to my monitor Woes. I am handy with a soldiering iron and can even do some simple SMT.

Comment

Hey Folks, Broadcast Engineer here, and I find this place to be a great reference for troubleshooting board level repairs for TVs and Monitors.

Comment

Hello everybody,
                                        I work as an IT systems administrator and although I am more network oriented sometimes broken PCs do stumble upon my way and my hobby is in diy audio. I enjoy when something can be repaired and brought back to life rather than just tossing it away and buying new, which is a trend nowadays.

Marko

Comment

I'm an electronic tech from way back when transisitors were first hitting the scene. Tried the whole TV repair, VCR stuff but cost effectiveness dropped so quickly there was no real value in it, so now I just do it for fun. I am still in electronics working at a contract manufacturer here in Wisconsin. I won't get rich, but can't seem to shake my need for trons.

Comment

Working...
                                          X