magnavox 27ms343s turns off by its self

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magnavox 27ms343s turns off by its self

I have a magnavox 27ms343s (cant find chassis # sorry) that just shuts it self off after it "warms" up. If anyone could help me or maybe inform me of the chassis # id appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Re: magnavox 27ms343s turns off by its self

Originally posted by s_miller_420
    I have a magnavox 27ms343s (cant find chassis # sorry) that just shuts it self off after it "warms" up.
    At first I thought it as an old Magnavox reel-to-reel player: you could at least state it's a 27" crt tv.
    Chassis numbers is usually written on a label near connectors, in the rear side, or in the manual.
    If it shuts down after a few minutes, some components may overheate or be already damaged by overheat: if I were you, I'd detach the tv from mains, open it and clean it from dust. I would look for unstable or cold solderings (the main transformer is a source of heat), burnt areas on pcb, broken components and so on. The manual should have some circuit diagrams you can look, but I'm not into schematics. I can't help more, perhaps somone else can.
    Beware: capacitors can retain the charge for hours (don't touch them) and the high voltage cable form the main tansformer to the crt should be never removed.

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

Working...
    X