This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, I came across this site while searching for freezer parts, typed in an old fridge I have in my storeroom and walla a solution to my problem. This site will be just the answer to all my electronic problems. Nice to be here.

Comment

Hi im Hazeeed, I work as an IT tech and have a strong passion for IT

Comment

Hey, I'm Kharret. A programmer by occupation, HAM by hobby and curious to learn more about EE.

Comment

Good night everyone and thanks for letting me be part of the group and I'm here to learn as much as I can

Comment

Hello, I'm very grateful for the information on this site, it's been very helpful!

Comment

happy to be apart of this forum, hope to be able to contribute to the forum.

Comment

Hello,
                I am new here! I am looking for new info about tech support. It's my hobby. Love soft and hard.

Comment

Well hello there, doing things a little out of order and time i'm introducing myself.
                  i have a computer repair business and a large part of that is having to reflash BIOS and check schematics which is why i'm here for!

Comment

Hi all, find this forum while looking to repair my Vizio M470NV TV. I'm about to try it, but need to know what resistor to order. Any tips on finding a resistor based on what's written on it?

Its a surface mount 3 leg that I'm pretty sure says NB2Y.

Thanks!

Jim

Comment

Hi all! I'm a dabbler in repairs of all kinds. I have an accumulation of appliances, TVs and computers with one problem or another, and thought I would give them the ol' college try at repair before contributing to the scrap heap.

Comment

Hi,

Happy to be part of the forum .

Comment

Hello all, I'm Steve from fabulous Las Cruces NM, I'm tinkering with a Lenovo yoga 920 which apparently overheated and won't turn on now! What junk had it less than a year!

Comment

Hi.. am a rookie here. Looking forward to getting along.

Comment

Hello to all, i would like to introduce myself. I have some experience in electronics and a bit in SW too. I hope i will come along with others. Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Hello, My Name is Amador and I own a small phone repair shop in San Diego CA. I am just getting in to micro-soldering level repairs currently only practicing on damaged phones I have purchased.

Comment

Hi., I'm Thomas from Oakland, California. A newbie when it comes to electronic
                                  repair but very interested to learn.

Comment

Hello. I'm from Russia. Came here for new knowledge. I heard a very cool community here.

Comment

Hola Amigos!!
                                      Como les va? Espero que bien!!
                                      I am from Peru living and working in Michigan. Own an small electronic repair company with a big hart and passion to repair electronic devises and serve our customers well.
                                      Check our website at: www.ontechforce.com
                                      Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmypooh View Post
                                        Hi all, find this forum while looking to repair my Vizio M470NV TV. I'm about to try it, but need to know what resistor to order. Any tips on finding a resistor based on what's written on it?

Its a surface mount 3 leg that I'm pretty sure says NB2Y.

Thanks!

Jim
                                        Hello! So, resistors almost always have 2 legs unless it is some sort of odd SIL resistor.. That sounds more like a surface mount Transistor or voltage regulator to me.

Do you want to post pictures and such, along with a description of the problem, in the TV repair forum. A very close up picture of the transistor would be helpful. To make the numbers on the face "pop" you can try putting a tiny dab of heat sink grease on it and then wipe it off. It will make the laser etching stand out more clearly..
                                        Last edited by Retro-Hipster; 05-24-2019, 05:29 PM.

“Men always seem to think about their
                                        past before they die, as though they were
                                        frantically searching for proof that they
                                        truly lived.”
                                        – Jet (Cowboy Bebop) -

Comment

Hello, been a member since 2013 and never activated my account. Looking forward to contributing. Have a great day all!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X