Toshiba 42H83 problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 42H83 problem...

A week ago my Toshiba 42H83 started to look weird. It was fine when turned off the night before, but then looked out of focus the next day when turned on. I did the Touch Focus and there was an error under the red filter. I then tried to manually adjust the convergence and realized the red was WAY off. My electronically gifted nephew came and tinkered around with it a bit. ( By the way I purchased it 9/2003) When looking into it you see the picture is "bent". I contacted Toshiba who refered me to an authorized repair shop. None are available locally, so I requested info on the part. I was then refered to an authorized parts dealer. I received an e-mail today from the parts dealer that they no longer have the part available. I am trying to find out 1)what is the part I need? I have been told a lamp by some, CRT set by others..2) if ANYONE knows where this can be found. I see these sets still available for sale, both new and refurbished. I cannot believe replacement parts are not available.

Re: Toshiba 42H83 problem...

i doubt the crt is bad.
    check the convergence board for bad soldering.if ok its likely one of the stk chips.

Comment

Re: Toshiba 42H83 problem...

Yes. Either STK 392 110 or STK 392 040 ICs. Get them from good supplier in pairs.

Touching up a toshiba is tricky and extra dangerous. Need service manual.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
      X