X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

Free scores for last week :

1- One Laptop Sony Vaio PCG 5KFP , working partially with artifacts on screen . I suspect the Ati VGA ...Till now .

2- One Canon I-Sensys LBP2900 , nicely working and i'm using it right now . Excellent support from Canon site and all the drivers , including win10 are available .

3 - One desktop HP dual core .

4 - One ASrock board with one CPU Amd Phenom QUAD CORE 9550 . I like those Quads Intel or AMD's .

5 - 3 UPS with lot of problems and errors .

Comment

Road side pickup from the beginning of this year, a HP Pavilion Elite HPE desktop with an intel i7 2600 in it, I decided to rebuild it in a case I also got free, I got 3x icute cases and put the best parts together to make this sexy thang
      Attached Files

Comment

An iPhone 4 16GB - reset and unlocked

A diving sea scooter disassembled but complete (except one side clip) with good battery - reassembled and in running order, yet to try in water
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johndill View Post
          Road side pickup from the beginning of this year, a HP Pavilion Elite HPE desktop with an intel i7 2600 in it, I decided to rebuild it in a case I also got free, I got 3x icute cases and put the best parts together to make this sexy thang
          To each their own on that being "Sexy". I (and IIRC Topcat) find them ugly.
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
            To each their own on that being "Sexy". I (and IIRC Topcat) find them ugly.
            Haha Yea, sexy is probably a bit far but it's not bad, I like the completely open front of 5.25 bays to add hard drive backplane bays for a large NAS server. The big fan though is a bit much

Comment

the big fan is the plus-point, it will force air between all your drives to keep them cool.

Comment

Today's scores:

Delta DPS-300PB-2A - by far the best one
                Linkworld LPK19-30 460W - badcaps inside, not sure if I'll replace them along with the main transformer
                ASRock P4VM890 motherboard - interesting Skt478/DDR1/PCI-E combo
                VIA VT6202 USB 2.0 PCI card
                H-L GSA-H10N DVD-RW
                another Teac CD-540E
                Last edited by Dan81; 05-13-2018, 04:22 AM.
                Main rig:
                Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                16GB DDR3-1600
                Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                Delux MG760 case

Comment

Quite a bootsale but still managed to spend. Got

2 x Xbox 360 E [slims} complete - £10 each (ones not reading disks)
                  Ps3 40gb - £10 YLOD
                  Original Xbox no cables - £3
                  DS lite - £4 (think dead battery reading 0v)
                  Asus vw222 monitor untested - £5
                  Hitachi freeview pvr scart only - £2
                  About 20 games ps2 / ps3 / xbox about 50p each or so.
                  Xbox Kinect and game £2
                  Tomtom one xl broken USB port

Comment

Originally posted by Dan81 View Post
                    Today's scores:

Linkworld LPK19-30 460W - badcaps inside, not sure if I'll replace them along with the main transformer
                    If it's like the other linkworld units I've seen, bad caps are the least of the problems... Sure, it's no leadman/powmax/a-power POS, but it's probably not much better. From the pictures I've seen, the wiring looks thin, which isn't a good sign.

Just my opinion...
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                      If it's like the other linkworld units I've seen, bad caps are the least of the problems... Sure, it's no leadman/powmax/a-power POS, but it's probably not much better. From the pictures I've seen, the wiring looks thin, which isn't a good sign.

Just my opinion...
                      Heatsinks are okay, D209L switchers. Just the Y caps aren't safety rated and the lytics are crap stuff but I've replaced most of them with Ricons (temporarily) from 2014. Not the brightest idea I had but will have to wait until I actually find some good caps to use.

Here's a pic of one. The only difference between mine and the one in the picture is that mine doesn't have PFC and the main transformer (marked YE 0824 in the picture) was replaced with a real ERL35 from a dead Kaizen I long threw away.

The only things left are to mount a thermistor in series with the fan, replace the caps and probably I'll take a chance at replacing the rectifiers to balance the outputs.
                      Attached Files
                      Main rig:
                      Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                      Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                      16GB DDR3-1600
                      Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                      Delux MG760 case

Comment

Heatsinks are okay, D209L switchers. Just the Y caps aren't safety rated and the lytics are crap stuff but I've replaced most of them with Ricons (temporarily) from 2014. Not the brightest idea I had but will have to wait until I actually find some good caps to use.

Here's a pic of one. The only difference between mine and the one in the picture is that mine doesn't have PFC and the main transformer (marked YE 0824 in the picture) was replaced with a real ERL35 from a dead Kaizen I long threw away.

The only things left are to mount a thermistor in series with the fan, replace the caps and probably I'll take a chance at replacing the rectifiers to balance the outputs.
                        Maybe I'm picky but the guts don't scream "460W".... more like 200-250W.
                        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                          Maybe I'm picky but the guts don't scream "460W".... more like 200-250W.
                          I'd say 300W with the new transformer.
                          Main rig:
                          Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                          Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                          16GB DDR3-1600
                          Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                          Delux MG760 case

Comment

I'd say 300W with the new transformer.
                            Peak - sure. Continuous, I don't know. You'd really have to put a thermocouple on that output toroid and see how it does at that kind of load.

Originally posted by Johndill View Post
                            "sexy thang"? ha! Looks more like a subwoofer to me, with that big side fan .
                            But as stj noted, that big fan should be quite good - not just for the HDDs, but also to keep all of the motherboard's components cool.

Originally posted by stj View Post
                            so you cruise it in an old v8 with open headers and a blower sticking thru the hood?
                            LOL! Nice reference.
                            Last edited by momaka; 05-16-2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Some Lenovo desktop from 2012- parted out into a parts computer of mine; needs HDD
                              Dell Dimension E310- Needs CPU upgrade, front I/O board, HDD, and RAM upgrade
                              HP Envy 14 Beats Edition laptop- needs HDD and keyboard
                              Scientific Atlanta 6500 Series Line Amplifier
                              Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
                              RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                              Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
                              - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
                              - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
                              - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
                              - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

XMAS in May!

"Goodie gifts" from colleagues on my recent trip:
                                • 32GB (4x8) of DDR3 PC12800 SDRAM
                                • 2TB portable (USB) HDD
                                • 7 in LCD monitor

Waiting for me, on my return:
                                • a NiB Epson 10000 XL B-size, networked scanner
                                • another Z800 (2x6core Xeon, 4x500GB, 24G DDR3)
                                • a 4G GTX 960
                                • a pair of 46" (?) LG TV's

And, an excellent response to my request for kit for the local school kids:
                                • 15 Dell Precision M6500's (16GB, 256GB SSD's) w/200W bricks
                                • 3 trays (100 count/ea) of DDR3 SODIMMs (4G + 2x16G)

No idea why the TVs got dropped off as they both seem to work (and why do
                                folks only give you HALF of the mounting bracket??!)

Unfortunately, the laptops are a bad fit (too large) so I'll send them back and see if I can get something else, instead.

I'll hold onto at least one tray of SODIMMs in the hope that I can pick up some SFF desktops that might need memory. Any "excess" memory I'll see if I can quickly unload/swap for more machines/monitors. I figure I should probably be able to get ~100 "modest" systems for the lot.

Biggest problem will be requesting the licenses from MS and getting all of them built before the kids get out of school for the summer! I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few weeks... <frown>

Comment

A few more finds.....
                                  2x LCD displays.
                                  1x 'Pizza Box' computer (not sure what the styles official name is but it looks like a pizza box).
                                  3x CRT displays (not sure why).
                                  And a bunch of other crap.
                                  I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Got a couple of decent desktops and a few monitors.

2 x Stone SFF PC / i5 2500 / 8GB ddr3 / 320gb hdd - Both for £45 tested working perfect.

Also threw me in this power supply free but have no idea what it does, looks new

TDK-Lambda HWS150-24/A

Anyone know what it is?

Also got 3 monitors. One hannsg 23” 1080p working
                                    One Samsung led 23” 1080p missing psu
                                    And a older dell wfp monitor 20 or 21” model untested

All 3 £15 quid so about a fiver each.

Comment

Got these:

Powerlink LPG2 550W - craziest thing I've ever bought to this day - 3 fans! Working although one of the fans (the one on the roof) was seized. Lubed it but not sure how long it will work. ERL39 transformer as well!

ECS K7VZA Rev3 - this one had bad caps - replaced them with a bunch of Rubies, 2 OSTs and 2 KZGs (I didn't have any Rubies left, that's why I went with the OSTs and KZGs).

Posts fine now, haven't hooked a HDD yet though.
                                      Main rig:
                                      Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                                      Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                                      16GB DDR3-1600
                                      Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                                      Delux MG760 case

Comment

I found a bunch of broken DVRs which i'm currently ripping the hard drives out of.
                                        I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Picked up another supermicro (ablecom) 865w PSU on ebay for $40 shipped. These are heavy, big & lanky, and not pretty by any stretch of the imagination (not modular and LOTS of wires)....but they're absolute freight trains!
                                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                          http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                          Team : 49813
                                          Join in!!
                                          Team Stats

Comment

Working...
                                          X