• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharp LC-65Q7300U bootloop? firmware?

Sharp
    LC-65Q7300U
    <p>
    TV boots to Sharp logo, then shutdown, then cycles again. I suspected backlights. Opened up and removed backlight connector, power on, same symptoms. Voltage out of power supply to backlights test OK and follow with bootloop up/down.
    Used LED tester into backlight connector, one set of pins test OK, one set test Open. But, with the backlights disconnected the TV is still in a bootloop. So aside from a possible bad LED strip... Could I also have a firmware issue?
    Google search showed a few other hits on this restarting issue and being unable to find firmware...

Re: sharp LC-65Q7300U bootloop? firmware?

Storically Sharps detects for open lamp, anyway there's almost surely a software problem, maybe togheter with open lamp.

Comment

Solved: One open LED.

Power supply board was testing OK. Disassembled entire TV, confirmed 1 LED strip had an open LED. Single strip replaced. TV is fully functional. No firmware update was needed.
      So with a single open LED or even the backlights completely disconnected, the power board must detect and continue to search for it at bootup.

p.s. As of this post, there was no firmware for this exact model to be found anywhere.

Comment

this is a new behaviour for me , in fact this seems a recent model.. bye..

Comment

Originally posted by digitalscorpion View Post
          Solved: One open LED.

Power supply board was testing OK. Disassembled entire TV, confirmed 1 LED strip had an open LED. Single strip replaced. TV is fully functional. No firmware update was needed.
          So with a single open LED or even the backlights completely disconnected, the power board must detect and continue to search for it at bootup.

p.s. As of this post, there was no firmware for this exact model to be found anywhere.
          Hi, can you explain how did you fix it? I'm having the same issue with my tv currently. It's the same model. THank you

Comment

Working...
          X