Re: PS4 loses date/time settings every time

Originally posted by khaled1981 View Post
    change cmos battery brother
    Read post #1 again.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      Read post #1 again.
      Yup - not the solution I'm afraid. We tried that a couple of times in fact
      Wattevah...

Comment

Did you ever find the fault for this?

I have a PS4 Slim SAD-002 which doesn't retain time/date and does not restart (endless pulsing blue light hanging, no beeps) unless the CMOS batt is taken out and reseated.

Sounds a bit different to OP unit as that would happily shut down and restart, albeit take itself back to 1970 each time with known good CMOS batt.

I managed to get mine updated to 8.50 with difficulty (SU-30746-0), but got there with LAN cable and multiple CMOS batt reseats due to the machine hanging rather than restarting, when it tries to restart.

I have tried to get the RTC synced, but can't get recognised on PSN even though it would seemingly let me create user and login to PSN when unchecking one of the time update options. But, it's not really connected to PSN cos Internet Test throws the 30391-6 on that part (PSN) of the connection test.

If you got anywhere and can point me in the right direction, appreciate it, and I hope to start trying to trace from the batt

I was surprised the update to 8.50 took on the machine, I was expecting repeated loop of SU-30746-0

Comment

Hello!

I just joined this forum looking for help with an Xbox 360. I noticed this post and decided to lend my game console experience to help with this problem.

It seems to me that the issues experienced related to this are most often linked to a bad Southbridge IC. This is the large IC with SCEI written on it. The chip part number starts with CXD and if it ends with 42GG then these chips are famous for going bad. This is a ~400 ball bga chip. I have replaced 2 in my time and I know many more technicians that have replaced waaaay more than that. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by tomlig View Post

I have a PS4 Slim SAD-002 which doesn't retain time/date and does not restart (endless pulsing blue light hanging, no beeps) unless the CMOS batt is taken out and reseated.

Sounds a bit different to OP unit as that would happily shut down and restart, albeit take itself back to 1970 each time with known good CMOS batt.

I managed to get mine updated to 8.50 with difficulty (SU-30746-0), but got there with LAN cable and multiple CMOS batt reseats due to the machine hanging rather than restarting, when it tries to restart.

I have tried to get the RTC synced, but can't get recognised on PSN even though it would seemingly let me create user and login to PSN when unchecking one of the time update options. But, it's not really connected to PSN cos Internet Test throws the 30391-6 on that part (PSN) of the connection test.

If you got anywhere and can point me in the right direction, appreciate it, and I hope to start trying to trace from the batt

I was surprised the update to 8.50 took on the machine, I was expecting repeated loop of SU-30746-0
            Update on this one, disconnecting CMOS batt is not required to get it to boot IF the machine is left unplugged for 2 hours (maybe shorter, TBA...), and did hold date / time overnight (replaced CMOS batt with an older but seemingly OK one, even tho the one replaced can't have been more than 5 years old).

It really is struggling with the internet (wired and wifi), and once reported it was connected to PSN, although still threw the CE-30391-6 five seconds in to a game.

The machine not restarting might be a faulty PSU (i.e. it doesn't reset itself), but I suspect a component somewhere which doesn't tell the PSU something, and then the 2 hour wait is while the PSU completely drains...

Waiting 2 hours again now to see if I can get a boot + connect to PSN and then leave it on for a few hours to see if the RTC updates, although surely the RTC updates on connection? Well, hard to say....
            Last edited by tomlig; 04-15-2021, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Update on this one, disconnecting CMOS batt is not required to get it to boot IF the machine is left unplugged for 2 hours (maybe shorter, TBA...), and did hold date / time overnight (replaced CMOS batt with an older but seemingly OK one, even tho the one replaced can't have been more than 5 years old).

It really is struggling with the internet (wired and wifi), and once reported it was connected to PSN, although still threw the CE-30391-6 five seconds in to a game.

The machine not restarting might be a faulty PSU (i.e. it doesn't reset itself), but I suspect a component somewhere which doesn't tell the PSU something, and then the 2 hour wait is while the PSU completely drains...

Waiting 2 hours again now to see if I can get a boot + connect to PSN and then leave it on for a few hours to see if the RTC updates, although surely the RTC updates on connection? Well, hard to say....
              Further update on this one. 30 mins of being unplugged will suffice for to allow the machine to restart rather than just pulsing blue power button light

Also, it will allow a PSN user to log on to the machine when the "Time / Date > Set using Internet > Set Automatically" option is UNchecked / disabled. Then it will allow the PSN log in and the Internet Connection Test says PSN sign in "successful". As soon as that option for automatic time / date update via internet is checked, then it doesn't want to liaise with PSN, won't sign in a PSN user, and reports PSN sign in as failed during internet connection test.

It is holding the time / date now so presumably the CMOS batt I put in is fine, but how to get the Real Time Clock thing reset now, if indeed that is a problem. Is there a jumper to reset the CMOS I wonder?

This, coupled with the reluctance of the machine to soft or hard restart / power cycle (unless left unplugged for 30 mins) is the situation. Not sure if the 2 issues are linked.
              Last edited by tomlig; 04-15-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X