X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Plasma tc-p55vt50 6 blink error code

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for your advice.

I have a Panasonic Plasma tc-p55vt50 that's about 9 years old and has just recently stopped working :-(

I noticed that when I turn the tv on I hear a click then screen comes on for like half a second then shuts off and the led blinks 6 times.
    I did some googling and found several video's on trouble shooting all sorts of blink codes. I finally came across one that showed 6 blink error code but for a different model. It recommended disconnecting the SC board to determine if it was the A board or power supply which I did and blinks didn't change indicating the power supply. I swapped out the power supply and found no change. At that point I decided I should take a look a closer look before changing any other parts.

Attached you'll see photo's of the SC board where I found shorted chips (sorry not sure what they're called). I figured I could just order a new SC Board and be done with it but unfortunately I couldn't find one anywhere on the internet.

I really like my TV and would like to hold onto it if I could get it working.

Jimmy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by orbit417; 04-14-2021, 09:13 AM.

Re: Panasonic Plasma tc-p55vt50 6 blink error code

Why are both of your pictures backwards (reverse image)?

Comment

Sorry about that. I took the photo's with the mobile using the front camera. I never knew it reversed the photo.

I've uploaded new photo's as I'm sure that's gotta be annoying to see everything in reverse

SC Chip:
      SC Board:
      Attached Files

Comment

Those are RJP30Y2A IGBTs that shorted, there might be more shorts, if you want to repair this board you'll have to desolder all of them and test off-circuit, gate drivers for those might also be shorted, need a hot air station and a soldering iron for that.

Or you can just test the SS, SC1 and SC2 buffer boards for shorts, if they are ok, buy a replacement SC and the TV will be back to working, keep the screws tight and only power up with all of them on SC and SS boards.
        Last edited by Biruslapio; 04-14-2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Thank you Biruslapio

I took your advice and looked up a video on how to check the SC1 & SC2 buffer boards and no shorts found. I'll see what I can located for the SS board and let you know.

I'm more than happy to purchase a new/used SC board but I'm unable to locate the exact one. They're several NTPA2228 boards on the internet but none of them are 100% match for my model TV. I found this model https://www.tvpartstoday.com/TXNSC1R...txnsc1rfuu.htm which is close but seems to be missing some of those 'RJP30Y2A IGBTs'. Any idea if it's compatible?

Comment

The board should be a TNPA5528AE, the AF variant is used on the 50 inch P50ST50, which consumes less power so if it's lacking IGBTs and/or MOSFETs compared to yours it would be a bad idea to try it on a 55 inch panel.
            Comparing AE and AF, AF seems to have less heatsinks.
            Last edited by Biruslapio; 04-15-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks again Biruslapio for your help.

I did some quick googling on AE board and it seems to be missing the IGBTs and/or MOSFETs and heatsinks. Do you still think it's safe to use?

AE Board: https://www.tvpartstoday.com/TXNSC1R...txnsc1reuu.htm

When googling I found the difference in labeling of these boards is that NTPA2228 has a number '2' under the label vs the NTPA2228AE which has a number '1' under the label.

Comment

Something is weird with these AE models, there's also 2 different revisions:

TXNSC1REUU with a missing diode, D6301 and a RJP IGBT. Those are for P55ST50.

TXNSC1RAUU which looks like yours, for P55VT50, I don't know how much it would matter, need to test it on the TV and chech how much those transistors and diodes heat, best to buy the RAUU if it's similarly priced and available.

https://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-...w-525142560103

https://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-...-1205715118537
                Last edited by Biruslapio; 04-15-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I never noticed the slight difference in model #'s TXNSC1RAUU vs. TXNSC1REUU and yes I agree the TXNSC1RAUU would be the board to get. Unfortunately I don't believe they make it anymore and I unable to located a used one anywhere.

Would you recommend purchasing the TXNSC1REUU board which is available online and adding those missing MOSFETs & Heatsinks or testing ever component on my current board and replacing the broken ones?

Comment

You would have to solder the missing transistors, their gate resistors, diodes and heatsinks, check the entire board for SMD resistor differences between the boards, or compare each model's service manual schematic side by side.

P55ST30 may have different voltages generated by the SC that are often configured via SMD resistors in series, like VSCN, Vad, VSET, if they differ from your VT to a ST series panel, your image quality may drop as a result of they being different and requiring the expected SC sustain voltages, VT has a higher maximus power consumption than ST, so soldering those missing components would be needed.

Comment

I have my work cut out for me... Everything you mentioned in your last post I'm completely unfamiliar with and will take a significant amount of time for me to learn. I have a lot to consider...

Thank you again Biruslapio for your help and insight on the matter.

In case I do decide to trouble shoot each component is there a site or thread you'd recommend for learning about testing them?

Comment

I remember this thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=84516&page=4

Where the user bought fake 30F124 IGBTs for their LG Y-SUS, so if you end up buying 45F122 or RJP30Y2A I suggested comparing them to originals, physically and electrically if possible, as there are a lot of fake parts being sold.

To do a proper maintenance I would dessolder all IGBTs and MOSFETs and test them off circuit for leakage or shorts, their gate resistors (the green ones next to them), their gate drivers and their switching ICs, called buffers in the schematic, those SMD diodes, there's a lot to test, SC board repair is time costly if you're a beginner in electronics.

Service manual for this TV is bad and the schematics for SC board are low resolution, unreadable.

< link to service manual

It's viable too to wait for a proper SC board be announced for sale.

Comment

I dont think the board from the 50 inch will work. I tried it on a 55gt30. The tv turned on but tbe display was totally consumed with pink malcharge, unwatchable. At least it confirmed my SC was bad.

Comment

Thanks again Biruslapio for the links. After zooming in all the way on that schematic I don't think it's possible for me to fix. I think I'm going to wait for a used one to show up on ebay.

Comment

Thank you TVTimmy

You've saved me the headache of ordering an SC board that appeared to be 'close enough' to mine and then finding out it that it wouldn't work :-)

Comment

*Update - my TV is working :-)

After searching high and low for a new or used SC board I finally came across an electronics' repair shop on Ebay. I was hesitant at first as I had to pay for the service in advance and then pay to ship the board to his shop and wait anxiously for him to return it repaired. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks and in the end I now have a working TV :-)

So for everyone coming to this thread for assistance with a Panasonic VT50 with 6 blinks of death the SC board was the culprit and the mosfets and resistors had indeed failed (see first pic thread).

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Comment

Could you please post the name of the eBay repair shop? I'm having the exact same problem and I'd love to get this thing repaired.

Originally posted by orbit417 View Post
                                  *Update - my TV is working :-)

After searching high and low for a new or used SC board I finally came across an electronics' repair shop on Ebay. I was hesitant at first as I had to pay for the service in advance and then pay to ship the board to his shop and wait anxiously for him to return it repaired. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks and in the end I now have a working TV :-)

So for everyone coming to this thread for assistance with a Panasonic VT50 with 6 blinks of death the SC board was the culprit and the mosfets and resistors had indeed failed (see first pic thread).

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Comment

Working...
                                  X