Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo LEGION Y530-15ICH (NS-B961 Rev 1.0) need BIOS and SVP removal

Need SVP removal and bios files

winband 25Q128JVSN chip for the Lenovo LEGION Y530-15ICH laptop pc.

FY510 NS-B961 Rev 1.0

I've attached my bios chip backup which I have extracted.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hpw19b; 03-22-2021, 04:26 AM.

Re: Lenovo LEGION Y530-15ICH (NS-B961 Rev 1.0) need BIOS and SVP removal

Originally posted by hpw19b View Post

FY510 NS-B961 Rev 1.0

bios extracted from the Lenovo site update.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by peste; 03-22-2021, 12:19 PM.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Can I flash it to remove Super Visor Password (cant boot, asks password what I forgot)? Or do I need to use Autopatcher? I'm getting errors with Autopatcher. Thanks for the answer and bios file!
      Last edited by hpw19b; 03-22-2021, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Got it working Flashed bios and works like a charm! Thanks!

Comment

Im having problems now with installin nvidia GPU drivers, the gtx 1060 drivers do not want to install, also bios doesnt show device name and s/n anymore, may this be related?

Comment

Im having problems now with installin nvidia GPU drivers, the gtx 1060 drivers do not want to install, also bios doesnt show device name and s/n anymore, may this be related?
            try..
            Attached Files
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
              bios extracted from the Lenovo site update.
              Hello Bro
              After reflashing with your file the laptop was not completely found Nvidia card and the screen go to the black screen after 5 minutes without any reason Why ??

Comment

Code:
                BRAND:         Lenovo
                MODEL:         Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH-1060
                SERIAL:         PF1DQ6WR
                BOARD SERIAL:      1224820901600
                FD VERSION:       V2/3
                CONTROLLER:       ITE8380-EC-V0.00
                COMPRESSOR:       16MB
                UEFI VERSION:      9VCN15WW 
                ARCHITECTURE:      Coffeelake
                ME VERSION:       12.0.0.1069(CSEME)
                LICENSE TYPE:      SDK0J40709
                OA3 ID KEY:       1224820901600
                COA KEY:        G8KXJ-ND63G-F78WT-82TMM-XXXXX
                Please try attached file, will maybe fail, this is a new idea i had ;-)

1) flash file
                2) enter bios (if asked for password press enter)
                3) in the bios set any password, then remove
                4) update bios
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

I now have this user hpw19b computer.
                  When I program Bios with this lenovo_legion_y530-15ich-1060.zip file,
                  then when entering Bios, it does not ask for a password. But it is not possible to set the Administrator password, because nothing happens when you press it. Adding the hard disk password together with the user password has disappeared after the restart. Under Windows, Nvidia finds the card and installs the drivers. But if you flash the new Bios version 9VCN17WW through Windows update, the computer will continue to install it indefinitely. If you shut down the computer after waiting 10 minutes, entering the BIOS, the computer will ask for the System password. However, Windows starts and works. Manual Bios update 9VCN17WW -> 9VCN22WW freezes when updating EC ROM. Again after waiting 10 minutes and closing the computer with the button, windows starts up and you can see that the BIOS version is 9VCN22WW. You still can't go to BIOS because it asks for the System Password.

Comment

Lenovo Legion Y530 BiOS password reset.

Hello,
                    I just purchased this laptop second hand, it boots up, everything works fine with it's OS.
                    Though, I need the BIOS pass if I want to reinstall the OS and add a new drive.
                    I read the forums, I understood that I have to backup the flash file and post it here, hopefully someone would be willing to help me out patching the file.

It's not clear to me what tool should I use to download the flash file and what other details are necessary.

I opened it up, the bios chip is 25L128 73F, to be honest I would prefer not having to take it out and read it in a programmer.

Legion y530-15ICH
                    MTM: 81FV003QRM

Thank you for having a look on this !

Comment

FY510 NS-B961 Rev 1.0

The password for this bios is "vanaema1234"

Comment

Originally posted by fire1234 View Post
                        The password for this bios is "vanaema1234"
                        thank you ,

I tried the Fn+R + insert power cable method to flash the bios and it didn't worked, is there any other way to flash it ?

Thank you ,

Comment

Originally posted by utfard View Post
                          thank you ,

I tried the Fn+R + insert power cable method to flash the bios and it didn't worked, is there any other way to flash it ?

Thank you ,
                          try using the Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0, what this program can read, post it on the forum and maybe we will be lucky and we will be able to read the password from your bios.

Comment

Originally posted by fire1234 View Post
                            try using the Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0, what this program can read, post it on the forum and maybe we will be lucky and we will be able to read the password from your bios.
                            Hi, it's not working . - 'Can not identify BIOS'

I guess I will desolder the chip from MB and get the dump out .

Comment

Hi, it's not working . - 'Can not identify BIOS'

I guess I will desolder the chip from MB and get the dump out .
                              This would be the best option, if you manage to rip it, post a copy on the forum and we'll see what we can do next, i.e. we'll try to read the password

Comment

Hello,
                                I made a full flash backup.
                                What would be the next steps in order to unlock it ?

Many thanks,
                                Attached Files

Comment

Problem solved ! Thank you all for your support !!!

Comment

Hello,
                                    I made a full flash backup.
                                    What would be the next steps in order to unlock it ?

Many thanks,
                                    I've sent you the password.
                                    Has the problem been resolved?

Edit:
                                    Now I see that we wrote almost simultaneously.
                                    I'm glad everything is fine now.
                                    Last edited by Vesko356; 04-11-2023, 06:31 AM.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.​
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                                      Keep up the good work !

Donated - pp Tx id: 58L90123D5738541S

Comment

Thanks guys,
                                        Keep up the good work !

Donated - pp Tx id: 58L90123D5738541S
                                        Thank you, I really appreciate you joining in to support the forum!
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.​
                                        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
                                        X