Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reebok GT40s Treadmill power supply issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reebok GT40s Treadmill power supply issue?

Hi all, sorry for bringing up an old thread. I have the same beeping and flashing screen on my gt40s.

I've got the board out and on dd3 I get a reading of 0 across the diode does this mean its shorting out? On dd5 I get a reading of 325.

Also struggling to find somewhere to purchase a replacement ss310 diode.

Any help is appreciated

Jason

Comment

Finally got round to calling reebok yesterday to be told I need a new console board but there out of stock at the moment and there struggling to get them in.

Comment

Hi I had the same issue with the DD3 diode replaced it .powered on the treadmill .pressed the start button and blew all the power sockets in the home.Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Am having the same problem as most here but still not working. Initially no power from the main board, and thanks to this thread discovered DD3 was shorted.

After replacing it there were various voltages on the board, so I plugged in the head unit. This caused the powered supply to cycle through chirp-shutdown-chirp, assuming due to some over current issue.

The head unit seems to take ~8 volt that I measured on the connector, and confirmed by looking at the head unit that has a lm7805. Powered it up from my bench PS and it came on successfully drawing ~.15 amps, which seems reasonable.

Jumpered the power and gnd from the main board and the head-unit powers up OK. The data path seems to be a single opto isolated pin, one each way. If I plug in the power-supply-to-head-unit line everything still powers up with an error on the head unit. As soon as I plug in the head-to-ps line the power supply goes into shutdown.

Seems to be two power rails, one 15v, and one 5v. Pulled the 7815 and it appears Ok. The 7805 is surface mount, so don't want to touch that. Don't think they will be the problem as I expect it to be something downstream drawing too much current.

Haven't done much on the high voltage side, assuming that it hasn't powered that up yet, although in circuit measurements all seem ok.

Anyone seen any other thing likely to cause this.

Comment

Hi all

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life. Does anyone know how the cover comes off to get access to the motor control board? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by notallbad View Post
              My partner informs me that there is a high pitched 'buzzing' coming from the power supply. Not something I heard but being somewhat older than her that probably makes sense.
              I can confirm that there is an oscillating 'buzz' coming from the diode/ transformer/cap area, can't quite narrow it down exactly.

So, I put the 1N5401 back and although it is 'buzzing/humming' it is only just very audible with my ear very very close to the unit which is probably a tolerable/allowable/acceptable amount.

Now, what could be the cause? The diodes have specs near enough identical from what I can see with the exception that the 1N5401 is not a Schottky fast acting. Could it be the capacitance (Cj)?
              1N5401 30pF
              SK310A 250pF
              SS310 190pF

Photo shows a comparison between the three for reference.
              Hi Notallbad,

Did you find the cause of the humming sound?

I had same issue with my treadmill. I replaced diode ss310 bought off ebay. However the treadmill works as expected, there is this humming sound coming from the board. Its quite loud to be ignored when treadmill is powered 'ON' but not running. When running, the sound get suppressed. Not sure if I should replace the diode with another one.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X