Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Power Supplies and Power Supply Design
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #1
wkholi

City & State: Cairo Governorate
My Country: Egypt
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Can I bridge power good signal in my PSU?

Hello
I have a 1600 watt power supply that is not outputting 5V from pin8 (PGO) of ST9S313 ( which is a PC POWER SUPPLY SUPERVISOR ) . All other voltages of the 24 pin connector are ok.

I can not get the IC or equivalent, can I just bridge 5v from anywhere on the board to this pin ( it is pin5 on ( the grey wire ) on the 24 pin connector.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HY510N-HawYang.pdf (575.0 KB, 3 views)
wkholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:15 PM   #2
PeteS in CA
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: San Jose, CA
My Country: USA, Unsure of Planet
Line Voltage: 120VAC, 60Hz & 115VAC, 400Hz
I'm a: Professional Tech
Default Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

Power Good (the grey wire) is a signal, not an output voltage. If all the output voltages from the power supply are in regulation, the Power Good should be logic high, 5V. If all output voltages are good but the Power Good signal is low, then the circuit that sources the power good signal (the "supervisor" circuit) is the problem. Wiring 5V to the Power Good signal pin could do more damage in the supervisor circuit, possibly affecting Over-Voltage, Over-Current, and Over-Temperature Protection functions.

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.
Anti-Covid-Vaxxer pig crap claim/prediction, Doctor: Heart Failure from mRNA Jabs "Will Kill Most People" | Principia Scientific Intl. ; Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche Warns COVID-19 Jab Injuries and Deaths Will Soon "Collapse Our Health System" (VIDEO) ; Fully Vaxxed May 2021; Since that time I've done 7 5Ks, 1 8K, 8 10Ks, and 4 half marathons
PeteS in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:17 PM   #3
wkholi

Default Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

OK, Thank you
Old 11-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #4
wkholi

Default Re: Can I bridge power good signal in my PSU?

I managed to get wt751002 , are these equicvaleny 1. HY510N <=> WT7510 <=>*ST9S313*<=> PS113 <=>RT750
Old 11-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #5
wkholi

Default Re: Can I bridge power good signal in my PSU?

I managed to get WT751002 which is a power supervisory chip equivalent to ST9S313, but whhen I measured the IC input voltages there where no PGI , and all other voltages to the chip where ok , i guess that means that the problem is not with the chip. Right? what supplies the PGI to the chip? do you have schematics or any hint please? I work with GPUs this is my first time to work with PSU Or could it be a bad chip shorting the PGI input! your help would be appreciated.