Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Panasonic will halt all LCD manufacturing by 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Panasonic will halt all LCD manufacturing by 2021!

Looks like another case of throwing in a towel!

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15157...uction-by-2021
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Re: Looks like Panasonic will halt all LCD manufacturing by 2021!

I can see why.....this stuff is way too cheap & way too throw-away on the consumer market.... Why build high end panels (anything panasonic is always 'top drawer') when the cheap ass panels are the ones that sell...
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

I was really sad when they quit making Plasmas and now this. I think we need a reminder of Panasonic quality and here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4cIHXouJ0M

on a side note, I love Panasonic carbon zine batteries, they never leak in my crap like Duracell and Energizer do.
      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

errr u're kidding right? panny plasma screens from 2008-2009 had deteriorating black level issues with age and they ended up getting sued in a class action lawsuit many years ago. however, the lawsuit got thrown out. the plasma tv sets from 2010 and later no longer have the issue as they adjust the voltage level in smaller steps so the decrease in black level quality is almost unnoticeable as the panel ages.

all in all, the whole fiasco is more like an engineering fubar thinking no one would notice. i guess the plasma lawsuit issue stuck in ppl's heads and no one wanted to buy panny plasma sets anymore so they just gave up.

well, if u love deeper blacks, u can bite the bullet and splurge on a 60k giant oled tv set since oled promises very deep black levels. i wonder how it fares compared to a crt with regards to its black levels.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
          errr u're kidding right? panny plasma screens from 2008-2009 had deteriorating black level issues with age and they ended up getting sued in a class action lawsuit many years ago. however, the lawsuit got thrown out. the plasma tv sets from 2010 and later no longer have the issue as they adjust the voltage level in smaller steps so the decrease in black level quality is almost unnoticeable as the panel ages.

all in all, the whole fiasco is more like an engineering fubar thinking no one would notice. i guess the plasma lawsuit issue stuck in ppl's heads and no one wanted to buy panny plasma sets anymore so they just gave up.

well, if u love deeper blacks, u can bite the bullet and splurge on a 60k giant oled tv set since oled promises very deep black levels. i wonder how it fares compared to a crt with regards to its black levels.
          Never heard of that issue, but everyone I knew with panasonic plasmas had newer models. I have a LG Plasma bought new in 2013 still working good but I don't expect too much more life out of it without something going wrong. Blacks on the set look pretty good and its had good contrast and response time.
          My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

^
            Me either...
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              I can see why.....this stuff is way too cheap & way too throw-away on the consumer market.... Why build high end panels (anything panasonic is always 'top drawer') when the cheap ass panels are the ones that sell...
              Of course cheap panels sells better than expensive panels we live in a world where they encourage us to buy new things the whole time and throw them out before they get old, buy expensive and quality stuff is not needed for that kind of living.

Comment

Working...
              X