TPM 2.0 is not always standard issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPM 2.0 is not always standard issue

A Gigabyte Z690 motherboard I have recently purchased had a connector for the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) but was not included as standard in the box even though Windows 11 (which requires it) has been released a couple of months ago.
    I've read that the TPM is included as standard for certain regions as well.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: TPM 2.0 is not always standard issue

TPM is a bad thing that will be used to abuse the user,
    i remove it when i see it in my stuff.

if you read the user/sevice manuals you will see it is not fitted for some countries because of export restrictions related to encryption systems.

which is a load of BS given that israeli designed (backdoored like LGBTQP followers and sold to anybody for shekels) chips, fitted on preduction lines in china (reverse engineering experts) is hardly anything to do with the u.s.!

Comment

Enabling Intel Platform Trust Technology will run some kind of software emulation of the TPM for the few people who actually want Windows 11. I would expect it to be enabled by default on a current motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        TPM is a bad thing that will be used to abuse the user,
        i remove it when i see it in my stuff.
        Same. It's either disabled or removed when I encounter one in my stuff.

I've encountered a couple Win11 systems that M$ forced 11 upon them, it sucks worse than 10.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
          Enabling Intel Platform Trust Technology will run some kind of software emulation of the TPM.
          i have seen that in a bios recently, it also emulated the secure storage chip that uses a password.
          total fucking scam of course - i'm surprised anybody puts up with it!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            i have seen that in a bios recently, it also emulated the secure storage chip that uses a password.
            total fucking scam of course - i'm surprised anybody puts up with it!
            It's not for you, it's a grown up enterprise thing, mainly for keeping the data safe.
            It should be invisible to the end user, with the bitlocker key stored in active directory.

Comment

but the point is, if you emulated a password secured chip using regular serial flash then the security is fake and non-existant

Comment

Working...
              X