Cyberpower CP900EPFCLCD - F03 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cyberpower CP900EPFCLCD - F03 Error

Those readings do not sound completely out of the ordinary.
    What about the PCB right now with the transformer taken out, what do you read?
    Still got any low readings? If so that points to something else being in short.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
      Those readings do not sound completely out of the ordinary.
      What about the PCB right now with the transformer taken out, what do you read?
      Still got any low readings? If so that points to something else being in short.
      Yes, that's what I thought. I thought maybe the transformer was responsible for the short, but it doesn't look like it.

I haven't connected the PCB after removing the transformer, as I wasn't sure if I could do it or not... should I?

I am still concerned with the two components which we didn't have the value, the capacitor and the zener diode... I am using a 470pF smd capacitor and a 39V zener... could it have some relation with the short, or shouldn't have really anything to do with it?

Comment

Those components will not cause a short.
        I would not power up without the transformer.
        But do some ohm checks where the transformer windings was previously and post back the results.
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
          Those components will not cause a short.
          I would not power up without the transformer.
          But do some ohm checks where the transformer windings was previously and post back the results.
          Where should I make the measures? I attached the pictures of the pcb after removing the transformer to point it out.
          Attached Files

Comment

You seemed to have identified the transformers windings in your post #60.
            Just measure the same way on the PCB, and see what you have.
            An example: the primary winding needs to measure open on the board now.
            Same for the secondary winding(s)

Comment

Working...
            X