This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone. My name is Ronnie. I went to trade school for electronics engineering in the early 90's I got out of school and never worked a day in that field. I do enjoy making my own repairs but the technology has far surpassed anything I used to know. I have a problem with a panasonic plasma tv and am looking forward to learning a little about how I might be able to fix it.

Comment

Hello,
      Posting my first message to the board per the guidelines for less restricted access. 12 yrs as a field tech for a major telecom. Technical instructor for the same corporation for the past eight years. Stumbled upon this site investigating information for my newfound hobby of component level repair.Thanks for having me.

Comment

I'm from and was born in HongKong 61 years ago. Nowadays the electronics equipments are not as durable as those 10 years ago, by fixing the faulty hardware oldies and the kids we can keep the earth cleaner. That's the reason I came to this great site to learn something valuable. Hello to all, have a nice day!

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Robbie from Daphne, AL. I'm 35 years old and have always enjoyed repairing just about anything I can get my hands on from Auto/Motorcycle Mechanics to Computer software/hardware... I'm just now getting into electronics (it's about time!!!)...

Comment

Here goes, my name is Nik and i'm a domestic appliance engineer, repair washing machines etc..
            I have been doing this on and off since the mid 90's becoming self employed around the early 2000's....
            Since the appliance's have become more and more electronic in design it is something I would like to learn, so as you can guess i'm somewhat of a novice when it come's to repairing module's and control board's !!! so please bear with me :-)
            My age is 45 so i am hoping old dog's can do the new trick's thing ??

O.K will leave it there for now and say HI to everybody.. Thanx for accepting me :-)

Comment

Hi everybody,
              My name is Joseph, I'm a musician, programmer and stage technician in Paris, France.
              Thank you for this forum, it looks like there are plenty of useful information here!

Comment

Hello.

My name is Carlos , living in Portugal, using a computer as a 3D hobbit and 2D painter, also in love with traditional Art and 2D animation.

I am working as an electronic technician. But I believe being an "electronic technician" means nothing that a simple job, and that a "professional" job does not means the same as when I started to work in this area long ago

keeping things clear, I am not a very clear mind person and seems I have many doubts in my mind about my profession, I came here to see if I can get any help, or give any help.

Thank you to the administrator and the moderators of this place.
                You are making an idea to became truth for everybody

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Ben. I found this site after looking for ways to upgrade my Dell Optiplex SX280, started reading and enjoyed it.

Hope to provide something useful going forward.

Comment

G'day!
                    My name is Scott and this is my introductory post. I'm located in Southern California (USA) and work as a Electronic Systems Engineer for a company involved in racing. I came to this site because I'm trying to fix a Samsung 37 inch LCD TV. So far I've found a great amount of really useful information. Hopefully with a little help I'll be able to fix this one.
                    Have a great day.

Comment

Hello all, my name is Drew. Looking for an answer to my insatiable question : why do I have to throw this away? (Ha ha)
                      Glad I stumbled onto this site. While I won't be the number one poster, I'll probably be on here quite a bit.

Salutations!

Comment

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while reading the Samsung 225 and 245 threads with regards to common problems and its been a real educational trip.
                        I have a couple of AIWA GE-Z7100 graphic equaliser displays that I want to repair also , so this forum should be a good place to help that project.

Just for the record, I have a number of children with learning difficulties and behavioural problems who take up a lot of my time (and I mean a lot) so if you post back with a reply to any of my future posts, be assured that I am not ignoring you , but have had to do my parenting job which comes before anything else.

Thanks to all.

Ian ,Hadfield, Derbyshire, UK

Comment

Hello , I have a viewsonic vx2370smh which ı blieve factory defected,I will look into it if warranty cant find any solution.

Comment

Hi everyone my name is Kieran i found your site while watching Maxxarcades videos on youtube and this site pretty interesting i am currently in college doing Information technology

Anyway thanks for accepting me into your forum :P
                            My Awesome (not) System

CPU - Intel Pentium 4 524 (S 775,3.06GHz ,Hyper-Threaded)
                            RAM - 4GB (1x4GB) Intergral DDR3 533MHz
                            MOBO - MSI G41M-P33 Combo
                            GPU - ASUS Radeon HD 5450 SILENT PCI-E
                            Case - Antec NSK 2400 (soon to be CM N200)
                            PSU - CiT 500w (soon to be Corsair CX430M)
                            OS - Windows 8.1 32Bit

Comment

hello, long time reader first time posting, just always used the search instead of asking what already has been answered. And have repaired 5 flat screens so far using just the search. This site rocks. it has such a incredible amount of very useful info i always end up with the answers i needed.
                              Thanks for being here
                              ScottyMac

Comment

Greetings,

I found this forum after searching for info on a Plasma set that fell into my lap. I haven't been doing tv or vcr repair since... about '97. I'm still doing repairs but on more of an industrial electrical/electronic level. Well... except for stuff around the house.

Anyway, the flat screen LED set at work broke and I was able to fix it by just replacing the caps in the switch mode supply. Oddly enough, not much longer after that, the Plamsa screen in the owner's office went up so now I'm looking at that. I'll post the details on that in another thread.

From what I've experienced so far, I like the LED tv's better than Plasmas.

This forum looks really interesting.

SW

Comment

Hi guys
                                  Trying to fix my philips tv at the moment and I came upon this forum and have done a bit of reading and can't find the answer to my specific problem so I've decided to join and start my own thread about it. Thanks for the help I have so far received and the help I know I'll get in the future.
                                  Dave

Comment

Hello people,

This looks like a great resource. I'm currently fighting a Dell 2709W monitor that is very stubborn. I can actually trick it into working but it requires the use of external power supplies. Hopefully with the help of this forum I can kick it bakc into life and maybe impart some of my own knowledge.

Neill

Comment

Hello from Athens, Greece

My name is Vassilis and i found this forum as i was browsing to dig up info in order to repair my dead APC RS-1500 ups.

I hope that i will manage to fix it just for the fun of it since the official service of APC said that is better to discard and replace the unit.

Thanks a lot to the founders of this forum since it contains a lot of useful info.

Regards,

Vassilis

Comment

Hello

My name is George
                                        Very nice to be member at this incredible forum.

I have been around with computers more than 20 years and my main job is technical support in a electronics company

Greetings from Greece

Comment

Hello from India...

I'm Bhai... A mechanical engineer by education, computer tech by heart...

Great forum and lots of info... Keep it up...

Comment

Working...
                                          X