Macbook M1 Unlocked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook M1 Unlocked!

EUREKA! Yours truly may have just figured out how to unlock an M1! I am doing more stress testing boys but you might just see the first M1 unlocked that is activation locked! I will give more details soon when we get a few more M1's to test this out on! It is a hardware unlock so just be mindful as I trial and error this stuff!
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Re: M1 Unlocked!

Hello sir
    Thats great news. is it bypass? or did you achieved a full remove??
    also, i have M1 macs if you need testing sir

Comment

I've got M1-s aswell and not afraid to break them for science So if you need testingpower, let me know.

Comment

No bypass at all. Hardware and programing. One M1 was unlocked but we do not know how it will hold with updates so be on standby.
        sigpic

Comment

I will say this once I unlock it completely and it works 100% I will create a video for the forum but would like this to stay here for the time being so Apple doesn't patch this. It could POTENTIALLY be patched and this unlock will not work anymore. So it is best to keep it hush hush for now until we can determine what needs to be done. So far so good but I have my doubts on the integrity of the process if Apple does a patch to the M1 chips with some stupid hardware update that locks it back who knows.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            I will say this once I unlock it completely and it works 100% I will create a video for the forum but would like this to stay here for the time being so Apple doesn't patch this. It could POTENTIALLY be patched and this unlock will not work anymore. So it is best to keep it hush hush for now until we can determine what needs to be done. So far so good but I have my doubts on the integrity of the process if Apple does a patch to the M1 chips with some stupid hardware update that locks it back who knows.
            Currently M1 no have solution.When M1 possible jailbreak then possible all what we want like Mdm,iClouds.
            But now Apple update New Mac os then also not work jailbreak T2 Macbook.

Comment

The M1 does not work like the T2. It is similar in style on how it needs to go on the server to activate first. But you need to consider that these boards do have vulnerabilities.

All software and hardware is crackable. NO MATTER HOW SECURE IT IS, it will always in life be cracked. We just need to find the backdoor solution or the key to the house. That is the reason why we repair and try to mess with our devices we own.
              sigpic

Comment

I have 2 here happy to test on

Comment

On M1 macbooks the serial is stored on a separate rom just like t2 macbooks or the process on M1 is different??

Comment

I realise this would mean a few solder / desolder cycles for the ROM but would it help if we had a copy of the same ROM when Activation Locked and when not ?
                    Obviously an M1 that is not already locked would be needed to start with.

Comment

Re: Macbook M1 Unlocked!

Anxiously waiting for this one. By the way, is anyone willing to share what chip M1 stores serial information like the U4770 in T2?

Comment

Also have some M1 boards as testers if needed; just let me know what's needed and can help as much as I can!

Comment

Originally posted by curiositymaster View Post
                          Anxiously waiting for this one. By the way, is anyone willing to share what chip M1 stores serial information like the U4770 in T2?

m1 serial is in the nand (ssd) but change serial has no effect! same as t2 change serial no effect, the only way they change serial is for free use mina bypass icloud linked on serial, wifi adres and mac adres, when you change this 3 things you can unlock (but the 3 numbers must match and icloud free)

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Latour View Post
                            m1 serial is in the nand (ssd) but change serial has no effect! same as t2 change serial no effect, the only way they change serial is for free use mina bypass icloud linked on serial, wifi adres and mac adres, when you change this 3 things you can unlock (but the 3 numbers must match and icloud free)
                            Does mina bypass work for M1? If so, I could alter the serial and go on with bypass. The reason I was asking to know where the serial is stored is because I intend to get past MDM lock.
                            Last edited by curiositymaster; 12-06-2021, 05:47 AM.

Comment

does the m1 macs have a programmable chip like the t2 macs?

Comment

mdm possible m1 change serial is sored in nand

Comment

When you say serial is stored in nand do you mean an area of the ssd flash memory that we can't normally access or a different nand chip ?

Comment

an area of the nand (the ssd drive 2 nand chips)

Comment

Could you put up an illustration as to how this is done? Thanks.

Comment

search nand roms ( 2 pieces) read data (not the userdata its encrypt) but the hidden partition, there you can find the serial and a lot of other info, you must desolder onboard read/write no succes yet, buy bga 110 adapter and jtag programmer or nand programmer (jtag is cheaper and also good)

Comment

Working...
                                        X