Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

Did one more time : removed the Rosin ( flux) with IPA. No solder to wick so I went with a needle over the thin border between those TPs.
    Nothing else I can do
    Last edited by Ancient1; 12-07-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I did it one last time
      cleaned the Rosin and since there is no Solder to clean out , I went with a needle point on the fine line between those 2 TPs.
      Really nothing more I can do. Still, maybe there is . I don't want to smell a burning IC :/ .
      If I don't come up with a new idea, I will put the Panel back tomorrow.

Comment

so those 2 TP are different signals? can you show me which are in your past photo?

Comment

The photo is of the other side Tab. I soldered Proper Left side , near the VGH VGL TPs (only) on the Distribution board. But the position is correct : Model Number side and TP order/position.
          Unfortunately I find it practically impossible to take close-up photos. But trust me , there is no more solder to remove. I assume what is left is stuck to the silver paint.
          And as I said before : the same ones on the other side are naturally shorted.
          Both with 0V
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ancient1; 12-07-2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

sometimes I can, sometimes I can't edit.

Anyway , managed to take clearer photos ( using 2 magnifying lenses )
            Attached Files

Comment

Tested

No Logo :/
              Re-inserted the Flex/s
              Logo : No short

But : same image defects

I will measure the Side Tabs again , perhaps another line needs repair
              Attached Files

Comment

Stop. Have you ever tested the backlight with no lcd panel in front? Maybe i remember a far case where leds had a strange misunformity...

Comment

Well , the BL is new set. I do notice circles : probably the diffusers are too close ( or LEDs too bright ? )

These horizontal grayish areas .. I don't think they are BL related but I'm willing to test : suggestions ?

There is also a horizontal line

Comment

Which type of backlight has? Full led or edge led? if you can turn on tv and lift the panel you see if BL is uniform

Comment

Vertical LED strips , 12.
                      Checking visually is not a problem, I think I need to measure TPs again , now that VGH is present

Comment

UFFFF I come to measure the Tabs - and there is no Logo. Half Logo when Left ( VGH bypass) Flex is disconnected.
                        UFFF

Comment

but which are the measurements now? 'Sorry i don't have checked your last photos well, i considered that an easy job theorically speaking, but i have seen that you soldered the wire in the wrong tp of the tab.. if you watch your photos you have solderer vgh line onto vgl testpoints doing a short circuit, internal ones are vgl tp, external one are mixed vgh+vgl tp..

Comment

I didn't measure yet because I am pissed off . I will tomorrow

The photo is one good photo I managed to take. So it fits either Left or Right ( forgot) .
                            What matters is the #Model side and inner or outer.
                            I soldered the mirror TP of the one with VGH
                            I doubt I made a mistake, especially since I measured continuity to every TP around it.
                            We'll see
                            Thx
                            Last edited by Ancient1; 12-11-2021, 03:06 PM.

Comment

You don't understand maybe, continuity doesn't apply , the vgh tp is outer respect to the panel, your soldering is inner, it's easy...

Comment

ok. I will test Right side for VGH ( I soldered Left ). We'll see if it is inner or outer.

Comment

Hi

You must be right since when I measured the Right Tab with BOTH Flex connected ( No image at all , no Logo or [not connected] ) : I didn't find VGH Voltage Nor -7.7V , just mV .
                                  When I disconnected Left Flex , I found VGH ( 25.5V YELLOW) TP, and VGL ( -7.7 GRAY) TP.

The image is a short version of the tab : three double TP are nearest to IC from both halves.
                                  The image can, in fact, be called Left Tab since I soldered to the VGH TP as seen : closest to Board and the #Model half of the Tab.

So obviously I am doing something wrong ! but what
                                  Attached Files

Comment

You are not following me, check post #41 your 1st photo, you see by yourself that's this last draw is wrong, this shows what you think you have been but VGH TP is not there.. it is under.. repeat, outer *respect* to the panel glass not the pcb..
                                    you solfered on 2, VGH is on 1...
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Davi.p; 12-12-2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Oh wow
                                      You can see how in the Right half of the Tab ( #Model) VGH is INNER (to the Panel) and in the Left side ( Manufacturer ) it is OUTER.
                                      I will check again because it gets me confused.
                                      When I measured Voltages I couldn't remember even 2 readings , had to re-measure to write down correctly. very strange, now this.

Comment

ok you are right, sorry..

Comment

I will disconnect the VGH TP on the BOARD. See what happens.
                                          I will re-measure both TABs.
                                          Obviously with the VGH bypass , things are worse.

Comment

Working...
                                          X