Comment

Re: Macbook M1 bypass FMM / EFI Unlock

Originally posted by radicalsolutions View Post
        yes, tried this on several devices
        unfortunately the email address is not contained in the erased devices

Comment

Originally posted by tiny13 View Post
          unfortunately the email address is not contained in the erased devices
          did you read dump after connecting to wifi? I tested on erased devices too

Comment

did you read dump after connecting to wifi? I tested on erased devices too
            I've checked 20+ devices, no email addresses or names found. There's no way you confirmed this on multiple erased/activated devices. All boards/dumps I checked had been connected to WiFi, etc. None show emails in the dumps at area you highlighted, or otherwise (searched for yahoo, gmail, iCloud, mail, email, name, etc), and none have names or emails.

Gotta call BS on this unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by ugamazing View Post
              I've checked 20+ devices, no email addresses or names found. There's no way you confirmed this on multiple erased/activated devices. All boards/dumps I checked had been connected to WiFi, etc. None show emails in the dumps at area you highlighted, or otherwise (searched for yahoo, gmail, iCloud, mail, email, name, etc), and none have names or emails.

Gotta call BS on this unfortunately.
              this is from a pro, just a random one choosed from a stash, for you
              There is no way you read 20+ devices and no data in them, or mabe you are reading something else
              Attached Files
              Last edited by radicalsolutions; 09-05-2022, 11:41 PM.

Comment

this is from a pro, just a random one choosed from a stash, for you
                There is no way you read 20+ devices and no data in them, or mabe you are reading something else
                I'll pull some more files and show you what I see in that block; give me a few hours. But I didn't find an email in a single one at that spot in the dump.

Comment

Just pulled 3 more files--one A2337, one A2338 and one A2442; no emails in that block on any of them. Photo attached of the A2337 & A2442 (didn't photo the A2338--it was similar to these).

So now 23 files pulled and no emails. Your files are apparently different for some reason.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just pulled 3 more files--one A2337, one A2338 and one A2442; no emails in that block on any of them. Photo attached of the A2337 & A2442 (didn't photo the A2338--it was similar to these).

So now 23 files pulled and no emails. Your files are apparently different for some reason.
                    You erase recovery or not?

Comment

2 of these came from wiped/erased devices (activation lock screen on boot), and 1 came from a non-wiped board. None have emails.

Comment

2 of these came from wiped/erased devices (activation lock screen on boot), and 1 came from a non-wiped board. None have emails.
                        i also wait for coming without erase i will show you how you find but recently i not have M1.

Comment

Please excuse a dumb peanut gallery question, but these aren't say, all coming from bestbuy or something in a 'lot purchase' in which they perhaps all underwent the same process to prepare for salvage sale..?

But rather, are all sourced differently: irreparable units, boards off ebay, etc ..?
                          (Just to rule out any common denominators)

Comment

We get boards/units from all over, and these were all definitely from different sources. There are surely a few from the same place, but for the most part they come from different places.

I think an erased/wiped board that immediately boots to the Activation Lock screen is not going to ever have the iCloud owner info (email/name/whatever) in the T2/M1 ROM dump. It may be in the dump *before* a board is wiped/erased, but once it's been erased, there's no info at all.

Comment

We get boards/units from all over, and these were all definitely from different sources. There are surely a few from the same place, but for the most part they come from different places.

I think an erased/wiped board that immediately boots to the Activation Lock screen is not going to ever have the iCloud owner info (email/name/whatever) in the T2/M1 ROM dump. It may be in the dump *before* a board is wiped/erased, but once it's been erased, there's no info at all.
                              I tried several 2337 and 2338, dumps differ a lot between, but all read after wipe and try of activation online

Comment

I tried several 2337 and 2338, dumps differ a lot between, but all read after wipe and try of activation online
                                We seem to have different results. Not sure why. Can you send me 3-4 dump files to see? I'm curious what other differences there might be; it may help to compare.

Comment

OK, I found a quick way to pull serial info from locked boards. Going to go through and pull more M1 ROM dumps later this week to check for emails; I still haven't found any in the dumps I've checked (over 25 checked now--including 2 more A2442 boards), but going to play with different scenarios (will take time).

Comment

I'm trying this on a 820-01987
                                    Can't find any email address either.

Comment

I was able to access finder in a locked m1.I can browse and even attach usb but unfortunately can't open any app or terminal since it is greyed out…
                                      Any suggestion?

Attached Files

Comment

Is that through Safari via the diagnostics?
                                        If so, you can access a little more if you attach a mouse and use right click to access some menu items. However, I couldn't open items like you say.
                                        I could rename some files, but don't know which ones could be renamed to bypass activation.

Comment

I share a way to see this menu, watch this video, I could not do more.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9QOZLY1WHA

Comment

Working...
                                          X