This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everybody. Browsing the net for some info got directed to this forum and founded interesting and decided to join. In my younger days worked with electronics in old aircraft. Once in a while work repairing computers with grand kids. Can't keep myself from opening a damaged flat screen tv and looking at it to try to fix it. Glad to be here, maybe pick up some good advise.

Comment

New Member I am. I think this great that people help each other like yall are doing.

Comment

Hi, everyone. I just joined the forum, which I came across by doing a Google search for bad capacitors. I am trying to learn about capacitors because I am a Sony Betamax enthusiast. I have a Betamax machine and a couple of Betamovie cameras that are having some problems. It had been suggested to me that maybe it was a cap issue. So I thought I would check it out to mak the repairs myself.

I am currently in law school and had a previous life as an artist. I like to tinker with electronics and the satisfaction of saving electronics from the scrap heap. Not into computers, only video machinery.

If anyone knows anything about Betamax machines, I would enjoy hearing from you.

Thanks!
        I live in NJ.

Comment

Hello,

I was searching for info on servicing my LG 50PC1DRA HDD & stumbled across this site.

Found some helpful info & hopefully I can resolve my current problem without loosing the data on the HDD.

Anyone else here from the Pacific North West?

Comment

My first time here as a member.

Hi my name is Jay, I just posted here for the sake of changing my profile and whatever. I just recently have started working on my many televisions that have crapped out. They take up a lot a room in my garage all of them are flat screens.
            I am excited to be here because a lot of people seem to be working the same things and it's nice to share knowledge. Or receive knowledge.

Comment

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the family. Will try my best to help others in anyway i can. thanks again

Comment

Hi all. I'm new to this kind of forum and found it by chance when I was searching for an answer to a question I have which I will post in the appropriate section. I'm not that familiar with electronics but have wired up my modest 12 volt solar powered home some years back and have soldered a couple of things together to use in my home.
                I hope to find answers to this and maybe future questions and will certainly take time to read other posts. Cheers

Comment

Hi,

I found this site while looking for a replacement power board. Hope to find what I was looking for

Comment

hai guys i am new hear

Comment

Hello. Sure wish I had found this information a lot sooner. When I think of the electronic equipment I sent to recycling it makes me sad. But no more. I am determined to fix things from now on.

What a great bunch of people paying it forward. I hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Thanks for the great body of knowledge.

Comment

Hey guys
                        I found this site while trying to figure out the types of capacitors I need for an old LCD TV of mine. This site has heaps of info and will be really helpful for me when repairing equipment. I know next to nothing about capacitors apart from that they store and release power, but when it comes to the values on them I am a little lost.
                        I love pulling things to bits and fixing them up or making them better. I try to understand how everything around me works so that when something goes wrong I am able to sort it out myself.

Comment

Hello everyone.

My name is Charity and I have been fixing/destroying electronics and mechanics since I was a child so some people call me tinker but not because I am like tinker bell of course. I am 25 years old, and no I am not Charitable. I am a electronic/mechanical service engineer for a X-ray refurbish company. Before that I actually was a certified Samsung electrical and mechanical field engineer so yes I have lots of Samsung insider tips and yes I have lots of manuals. I also own a appliance installation company in which I contract work out and approve it. I also take appliances for repair if they are worth my time. I work at night on all sorts of various things like repairs on computers (usually hardware because the other stuff is boring) I also repair video game consoles, and yes TV's, monitors but usually the touch screen ones etc. I also make my own audio equipment well I make my own alot of things. So hey, I am looking forward to being part of this awesome group.

Comment

Hello. My name is Bob Hibbard. I just joined this forum. I operate a consumer electronic repair business in Williamsburg Virginia. I started this business in September 1972 (when I was 20), and we are still operating from the same location today (40 years later). I am a member of several other technical electronic forums, and find that they are very helpful in the dissemination information between technicians. I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum.

Bob
                            Last edited by BobHibbard; 10-24-2012, 11:40 AM.
                            Bob Hibbard
                            Action Electronics
                            1507-C Richmond Rd.
                            Williamsburg VA 23185
                            Phone:757 229-1880
                            Web: www.Action-electronics.NET
                            Email: Action-electronics@cox.net

Comment

Hello. My name is Mark and i am new here.

Comment

hi people, i'm from portugal i repair laptops (reballing), i'm wondering if this is the right place to help others and to be helped

best regards

Comment

Hey everyone I am jdontwannatalk and I have been scoping this site out for I don't know like I guess 6-8 months reading post and seeing if It was the kind of site that had people who love to fix things and knew what the heck they were talking about. lol

So here I am I finally broke down and joined the site. I am a self taught on all of my electronic knowledge but I have been off and on so much working since the recession I guess I have been studying books, on line, taking things apart and looking up parts to see what they are and what they do. I started making electric guitars about 3 or 4 years ago carving them and doing all the wiring for the pickups, pots, and tone switches. Then I started wondering could I do this or that with the sound? I know it can be done I just had to find out how to do it. Slowly I have gained a fair amount of knowledge from the projects that I give myself and have (thanks to all the people at this site and allot of dedication) fixed my 3rd LCD T.V and fix,create, and make all kinds of fun little things for me or other people.

I have a saying that I stick by and it goes " I can make, fix, and create anything I think of and so what if the first 1000 fail its the feeling of joy and excitement when that 1 day it finally works. Because every time that I would fail I would gain some knowledge even if it was just how to solder a little better (Because that S^%T is hard it truly is a art form) or find out you melted the PCB a little here or there. maybe lol it was just one wire you had in the wrong spot! it doesn't matter because now I know to go slow,check my work, read ask questions or find people who can help you."

That is why I joined because every time I had a question in mind there always seemed to be somebody knowledgeable on this site. I am like a duck to water when I find something I like, I just keep coming back as long as the water doesn't get polluted with garbage.

Thanks again to everyone on this site( though I don't know your names) who has helped me in any little way. I hope I may be of help to some of you one day

Comment

Hi, i´ll try o write in english without the google translator
                                    I work in eletronics and microeletronics repair shop in Portugal. For me i´ts very good to access this forum, the "badcaps" problem concerned me a lot in the most recent years, i think that even the best and conceptued brands are getting worst in the sort of caps they are using. This includes lots of laptop computers.
                                    It whould be great to trade or help with information with all of you!

PS: sorry for my bad english!

Comment

Hi folks,

I found this site while looking for a possible fix for my lcd tv. Looks like you all know what you're talking about so I thought I'd join up and learn a thing or two. My family motto is 'Do and hope' and that gets me in hot water some times and other times I've made a broken thing truly broke, so I'm learning that a little bit of prior knowledge can be a good thing.

Cheers,
                                      Stuart

Comment

Hi everybody.

I have an ASUS P4SC-EA Rev 1.0.2 circa 2002, with 5 bad caps and the power supply also has a bad cap.

Looking forward to fixing it and boning up on my soldering skillz.

Comment

Hello everone, I've found upon this wonderful forum when researching the symptoms of a dead monitor I recently got from a friend. I've been exploring and repairing things ever since I was a kid -- I just love the "gotcha!" feeling when you know you've successfully fixed something using your own wits and skills, and for a very low cost.

A nice example (without capacitors, alas) was my bathroom fan that suddenly didn't run anymore: all replacement models had their screws in other places, which would require lots of drilling in very hard stone, so I somewhat reluctantly took apart the motor to see whether it could perhaps be fixed. While carefully unwinding the tape covering the motor's windings, I suddenly uncovered a hidden thermal fuse. And sure enough, it had burned out! A quick trip to the local electronics store yielded a suitable replacement, for only 83 cents. That fan still runs perfectly every day! :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X