• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Troubleshooting B&W Original Powersupply

Some great info here too...
    https://www.abcelectronique.com/foru...t=97071&page=1

Comment

You can use basically anything from this: https://export.farnell.com/w/c/passi...-in-stock-grp1

Not sure what voltage you need, I put 16V to 35V. These are all low ESR.

Comment

Thanks for all the information here.
        I managed to pick up an original Zeppelin (inc remote) with the flashing red light in almost mint condition for £30.
        I ordered the 4 grouped capacitors from Farnell. For anyone else that is going to do this, these were my issues:
        • Disassembly is easy, apart from the grill removal. The buttons to unlock the grill are there but you have to press them just right. Then sliding to the left and right is tricky, but a firm grip will do it.
        • Be careful removing the old capacitors. I managed to remove the copper tracking underneath two of them. Never had this problem on a circuit board before. So had to solder new caps from the top.
        • As mentioned before, the plastic mounting posts are very brittle. I just ended up removing the broken bits and screwing into the base of the post that remained. It seems to be fine.
        • Reattaching the ribbon cables is fiddly - be careful.
        • Reattaching the grills is not easy, as a combination of squeezing the grill and sliding is awkward. Then, I got them the wrong way around!

I was not convinced it was going to work, but it did. It was definitely worth it, and an old iPhone 4 now plugged into it. Fantastic sound.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Im half way through making a repair video of the zeppelin generation 1.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Hello!
            anyone solved the problem?
            My zeppelin 1g only red light flashing
            my power supply have 5v and 25v too!

I Changed

2200uF 16V
            470uF 16v
            220uF 25V
            1000uF 35v
            caps, but same problem!

Comment

Hi. can anyone idendify what component this is please (PIC1). I was soldering a CAP onto the board and this came off D305 (PIC2). I think its a Rectifier Diode but with it being in half I cannot test it. Also I am not good with the color's !! Quite close by there is also one I found on the board but not sure if it is the same (PIC3).

Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

The diode is a MiniMELF diode, it could be a BAQ134-GS08 Switching diode or it may also be a zener diode BZV55 series?

The zener diodes pdf is here:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by R_J; 12-03-2022, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X