Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

can someone help me please with elitebook 850 g5
    the 2 bios unlocked with HPUnlocker but the pc turn on without display **black screen** even restoring original bin
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-10-2023, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by taoufik View Post
      can someone help me please with elitebook 850 g5
      the 2 bios unlocked with HPUnlocker but the pc turn on without display **black screen** even restoring original bin
      If you have a black screen even with the original maybe you blew a resistor away near the bios chip,or you havnt soldered it properly. You can try another chip as well if you had any problems verifying
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        If you have a black screen even with the original maybe you blew a resistor away near the bios chip,or you havnt soldered it properly. You can try another chip as well if you had any problems verifying
        all seems ok , and bios is good , still can read or write
        Attached Files

Comment

@peste @SMDFlea
          Can somebody please explain to me why these varying securities are so different
          Like for example in my case I did HPUnlocker for the 256 chip password still there
          Then I also did RCUnlocker for the 128 Chip.. Password still there

Comment

Originally posted by ymifdal View Post
            @peste @SMDFlea
            Can somebody please explain to me why these varying securities are so different
            Like for example in my case I did HPUnlocker for the 256 chip password still there
            Then I also did RCUnlocker for the 128 Chip.. Password still there
            use RCUnlocker only on the 128mb chip. the other chip remains original ....
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
              use RCUnlocker only on the 128mb chip. the other chip remains original ....
              I did RCUnlock 128 only but password still there
              That's why I am so confused.. I have HP 840 G5

Comment

I did RCUnlock 128 only but password still there
                That's why I am so confused.. I have HP 840 G5
                post the original 128mb bios here.
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

post the original 128mb bios here.
                  Aight

Comment

Aight
                    try this + the original 32mb bios enter the bios and bring the security settings to the factory defaults, then turn on the laptop.

Comment

try this + the original 32mb bios enter the bios and bring the security settings to the factory defaults, then turn on the laptop.
                      I have tried your unlocked 128 eventhough I have already did RCunlock it myself. the result of course is the same, the password remains.. I also did write both 256 with original dump and 128 with the one you posted and no change pw still there unfortunately

Comment

use this program for the 33MB bios, the 16MB one remains the same.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79956
                        I don't know.. Is it because I have read the entire post to begin with and tried your method first as shown in quote? Unlocking the 256
                        Then after it didn't work I did restore 256 to original and unlock the 128 only.. which it didn't work as well
                        Just updating you with what I did so far because I don't get the blockade
                        Last edited by ymifdal; 04-13-2022, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Hello,

New here but I am looking for some help. I have quantity 25 Elitebook 840 G5 laptops. For whoever is curious, these were all sold directly to a company by HP and returned. Then bought through liquidation. All of these are brand new factory sealed but when opened they have been pre-locked with an admin password by HP. So, it is my job to get each one unlocked and I am trying to work out the simplest/fastest way.

My questions for anyone who has done this on an 840 G5 are mainly

1. Do I need to remove the board to properly resolder the 25Q256JVEG chip?
                          2. Is there any special steps with these 840 G5? Seen posts about the second chip being on the backside of the board and it needing to be reprogrammed... Want to be aware if this is needed.
                          3. Lastly, for doing a batch this large can anyone give advice on how to make this go quickly? I saw this original post talking about adding a command to the registry but I am not sure how that works or how it will save time.

Thank you in advance for the help!!

Comment

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by poonigan View Post
                            Hello,

New here but I am looking for some help. I have quantity 25 Elitebook 840 G5 laptops. For whoever is curious, these were all sold directly to a company by HP and returned. Then bought through liquidation. All of these are brand new factory sealed but when opened they have been pre-locked with an admin password by HP. So, it is my job to get each one unlocked and I am trying to work out the simplest/fastest way.

My questions for anyone who has done this on an 840 G5 are mainly

1. Do I need to remove the board to properly resolder the 25Q256JVEG chip?
                            2. Is there any special steps with these 840 G5? Seen posts about the second chip being on the backside of the board and it needing to be reprogrammed... Want to be aware if this is needed.
                            3. Lastly, for doing a batch this large can anyone give advice on how to make this go quickly? I saw this original post talking about adding a command to the registry but I am not sure how that works or how it will save time.

Thank you in advance for the help!!
                            you need an SPI programmer to extract the content from the bios chip and then use the RCUnlocker program which you can find here on the site.. don't forget to make a copy of the bios chip before writing ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY

Comment

Hello what happens if i don't have the 32 original bios no more
                              laptop no post

Comment

Originally posted by jba06 View Post
                                Hello what happens if i don't have the 32 original bios no more
                                laptop no post
                                yes ... don't post ... if I understood correctly ... but what's the problem with the laptop ???

Comment

Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bios password

I have same problem now..
                                  I only had password activated but now no more post only fan spinning
                                  any clean me plz?

Comment

I have same problem now..
                                    I only had password activated but now no more post only fan spinning
                                    any clean me plz?
                                    post both bios .. preferably the original ones..I hope you made a copy ??

Comment

FOUND them in my phone storage fortunately made copy there..
                                      Here they are Sir. Also, BIOS contains password lock

Comment

FOUND them in my phone storage fortunately made copy there..
                                        Here they are Sir. Also, BIOS contains password lock
                                        Try

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Didn't work unfortunately
                                          Only gives me the blinking LED next to the charger

Comment

Working...
                                          X