RCUnlocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Is there a way to dump the bios using software?

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderman View Post
      Is there a way to dump the bios using software?
      No, sorry.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Yes thats a WSON8 chip, don`t use the clip on that,you risk damaging the chip,shorting the surrounding components and cutting through traces.

Your options are to desolder it,use a WSON8 pogo pin adapter,or try to solder some thin wires to the protruding solder or traces caps and resistors

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003313016522.html
        So that probe linked here is used in a similar fashion as the clip I already purchased? If so I will get it.
        6x8mm or 5x6mm?
        Its okay to still use the clip on the MXIC chip?

*Nevermind, I ordered both sizes
        Last edited by Raiderman; 06-18-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

So that probe linked here is used in a similar fashion as the clip I already purchased? If so I will get it.
          6x8mm or 5x6mm?

*Nevermind, I ordered both sizes
          According to the datasheet must be 8x6-mm.
          W25Q256JV is offered in an 8-pad WSON 8x6-mm (package code E), a 16-pin SOIC 300-mil (package
          code F) and two 24-ball 8x6-mm TFBGA (package code B & C) packages as shown in Figure 1a-c
          respectively. Package diagrams and dimensions are illustrated at the end of this datasheet.
          Looking at the photos of the ad, I have some doubts about the efficiency and the ease of use of these probes, but we will find out anyway when you get them. I hope they'll work well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
            According to the datasheet must be 8x6-mm.

Looking at the photos of the ad, I have some doubts about the efficiency and the ease of use of these probes, but we will find out anyway when you get them. I hope they'll work well.
            Thank you Vesko

Comment

Thank you Vesko
              You're welcome.
              It's hard to answer - I forgot to take the crystal ball with me today.
              However, if you show pictures of both, I could try

Comment

You're welcome.

It's hard to answer - I forgot to take the crystal ball with me today.
                However, if you show pictures of both, I could try
                Here is a pic
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is a pic
                  It's the same WSON 8 type spi chip as the other one, so you will be able to use the probes you ordered for both.
                  The clamps are used for the other type of spi chip which is called SOP8 or SOIC-8:

Here is a picture of the two types side by side for comparison:

Last edited by Vesko356; 06-18-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

It's the same WSON 8 type spi chip as the other one, so you will be able to use the probes you ordered for both.
                    The clamps are used for the other type of spi chip which is called SOP8 or SOIC-8:
                    The one on the right is definitely like my windbond chip.
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-19-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Would it be possible to run it on Linux? After extracting the archive, it appears to be based on Python and I assume would be trivial to port.
                      We believe in the right to repair.

Comment

anyone could help on this asus chromebox lock. Tried the program wont' unlock it. I have 5 of this with enrollment lock, any one could share the process of unlock. SN changed, still not working.
                        also attached unlocked bin won't work using the program.
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-24-2022, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryankou View Post
                          anyone could help on this asus chromebox lock. Tried the program wont' unlock it. I have 5 of this with enrollment lock, any one could share the process of unlock. SN changed, still not working.
                          read post # 1 from this thread ..
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by ryankou View Post
                            You have already posted your request in the Desktop PC bios requests forum - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1143579

This part of the forum is for laptop bios requests ONLY.
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                              read post # 1 from this thread ..
                              Sorry, didn't see the chromebox is supported. Thought they are the same.

Comment

RCUnlocker. not working. why? ( my laptop setup. window 10 64 bit)
                                show sms: Error 0xc00007b “Application was unable to start correctly”
                                every one help me!
                                thanks
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-28-2022, 10:23 AM.
                                ************************************************** ***********************************
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                all donations are welcome,
                                see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                ************************************************** ***********************************

Comment

Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.
                                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.
                                    yes, but tool not working >> show sms: Error 0xc00007b “Application was unable to start correctly”
                                    can you help me unlock!
                                    thanks!
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-28-2022, 11:42 AM. Reason: Bios removed,posted already
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests

Comment

Originally posted by clrscr View Post
                                      yes, but tool not working >> show sms: Error 0xc00007b “Application was unable to start correctly”
                                      can you help me unlock!
                                      thanks!
                                      You have already posted your bios in another thread.....

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103652

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

You MUST NOT:

Comment

Originally posted by clrscr View Post
                                        can you help me unlock!
                                        thanks!
                                        Search google for the error message "0xc00007b" ,theres a number of reasons why,such as youre tring to run the app on a 32bit OS, the .NET framework is corrupt or not latest version, and more results

Comment

Search google for the error message "0xc00007b" ,theres a number of reasons why,such as youre tring to run the app on a 32bit OS, the .NET framework is corrupt or not latest version, and more results
                                          now it work, thanks!

the software is compatible with HP Elitebook 840 G6. bios chip 32M. ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X