"New" ebay stuff from china

I bought this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171845792218...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

aaaaand this is what showed up

I call bullshit, scrapped from a laptop

under the touchpad

on one of the top screws holes
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Uranium-235; 09-07-2015, 02:28 AM.
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Re: "New" ebay stuff from china

it uses a touchpad board, and the scratches might make a difference. I might be able to sand it down with a dremil

Comment

i'm trying to understand what i'm looking at.

btw, most stuff like that from china is surplus from manufacturing and may have been assembled atleast partially and then stripped again.

Comment

When my Firebird and Corvette were about 10 years old, Ebay was full of parts from scrapped cars. Some good parts some bad. You really had to be careful what you bought. Same goes for all the recycled electronics they send to China. They strip it and send it back to you.
        sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

I have ordered items from China and have had good results, Email them with your concerns, I found most companies would rather have a happy customer then get negative feedback.

Comment

they have yet to reply :/

Comment

Ebay /crags list , ect . Byer beware .

Comment

If you don't hear from the seller, then file a dispute through eBay that the item was "not as advertised". That way, if the buyer doesn't respond, eBay will refund your money.

Comment

I've found this before with a couple of CPUs. They were listed as being new, but there was an obvious round ring where the cooler had been installed and making contact. Their excuse was that they mixed up my order with someone else. Nice try. I don't think they even had any used CPUs for sale that they could have confused mine for!
                  I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

they probably meant the computer was built, but never sold - so it was not "used".
                    they often think that way.

i have purchased lots of dimm's and eproms like that that have been pulled from sockets but are too clean to have been put in use.

like these i'm waiting for - look at the legs.
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141666058214
                    Last edited by stj; 09-08-2015, 10:42 PM.

Comment

A few years ago, someone bought a warehouse in Canada, they found it full of unsold stereos and parts from the seventies. I bought some new in box speaker drivers for Pioneer speakers. Later I found one more listed as brand new. When I BIN'd it. I got an opened box. A speaker stored in the box on it's back without the foam blocks to hold up the cone. The cone had collapsed over the last 40 years. It was at the bottom of it's travel and wouldn't come up. I started a claim, the guy sent me a sarcastic note saying he would refund my money. He apparently bought the bad one some tech threw in the box around 1980 or so. I did lose the shipping money though. That was before they refunded that.

Lord STJ. Their English is like a racist cartoon from the 40's. Too funny.
                      Last edited by rhomanski; 09-09-2015, 02:13 AM.
                      sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

lol - that's their "Mian business"

Comment

they offered to give me a replacement address if it's bad. thhey said they could not see the pictures, even though they were attached in ebay-morons

this laptop the touchboard is attached under this plastic pad, and with plastic scrapes, i'm not sure it will work 100%. if it does not i'll return it, but shipping to china is a pain in the ass

Comment

Working...
                          X