Epson projector problem Model Epson eb- s31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson projector problem Model Epson eb- s31

I'm having problem with display on this projector. There are vertical lines on display. I've opened it and cleaned it, cables are all clean and not broken. This model has 3 separate cables for blue,green and red.

Does anyone knows about the cause of the problem or solution. I dont have much experience in projectors

Re: Epson projector problem Model Epson eb- s31

Pic of problem
    Attached Files

Comment

I found some info on epson https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corp...faq/5275/16249
      You may need one of the calibration sheets to adjust it, i don`t know if it can be adjusted without it .
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        I found some info on epson https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corp...faq/5275/16249
        You may need one of the calibration sheets to adjust it, i don`t know if it can be adjusted without it .
        Thanks smdflea for replying but its not a scanner. How do i calibrate it. i have checked all the settings in menu and even reset all but in vain.

as per some information on net, it is connectivity issue between logic board and lens unit(In this case it is through 3 different cables viz red,blue,green, -all of which seems to be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          Thanks smdflea for replying but its not a scanner. How do i calibrate it. i have checked all the settings in menu and even reset all but in vain.

as per some information on net, it is connectivity issue between logic board and lens unit(In this case it is through 3 different cables viz red,blue,green, -all of which seems to be ok.
          Yes its not a scanner what was i thinking, i shouldn`t post when tired

Have you tried updating the firmware .

https://www.epson.co.uk/products/pro...-s31#downloads
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Maybe try unhooking the flex Cable for the green LCD and see if the lines go away ? It looks more like a processing failure to me though...

Comment

yes, firmware update didnt solved it. I tried unhooking cables one at a time and the vertical lines go away when blue cable is dis-connected. Are those spares available?? Its relatively a new model.

Comment

Probably would have to harvest one from a broken projector. All three should be identical as they are monochromatic anyway. The real problem is they are aligned at the factory so replacing it is only the start of the battle.

Besides you would need to be sure the LCD is at fault first. Maybe it is displaying exactly what it is told to display and the fault is farther upstream ?

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                  Probably would have to harvest one from a broken projector. All three should be identical as they are monochromatic anyway. The real problem is they are aligned at the factory so replacing it is only the start of the battle.

Besides you would need to be sure the LCD is at fault first. Maybe it is displaying exactly what it is told to display and the fault is farther upstream ?
                  Thanks for replying. I know it is very difficult to align them resulting in shadowy image if not matched perfectly. I dont have similar cable with me. So gave up on this and returned to customer.

Comment

Sir try To use another optical engine...possible problem is the Optical engine,

Comment

Working...
                    X