Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple macbook pro 820-2936 VD0R - dc in rail 0 sensor above limit. Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple macbook pro 820-2936 VD0R - dc in rail 0 sensor above limit. Please help!!

Board 820 2936 b water damage
    Board was not booting, i cleaned the board and i got green light.
    Board started to boot after restoring some bad joints
    Fixed backlight and image
    When i run asd efi for this board it shows up VD0R sensor reading above the limit...
    If i remove the charger the error disappears.
    I have the original 60w adapter.
    Already tried a good known adapter 60w
    And a80w adapter
    All the same...

Also if the charger is plugged the pc freezes and is slow.

Please help!!!

Re: Apple macbook pro 820-2936 VD0R - dc in rail 0 sensor above limit. Please help!!

Check SMC_DCIN_VSENSE and PP3V3_S5_AVREF_SMC
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: Apple macbook pro 820-2936 VD0R - dc in rail 0 sensor above limit. Please help!!

Thank you very much! The problem was solved!
      Smc_dcin_vsense was bad, r5314 was reading 5.8k instead of 5.49k.
      I checked before voltage on r5313 and it was 2.89-2.9v, i didn't know it should read 2.79v. Also r5313 was reading 27.4k. I got fooled

If i test the board without battery i get another error: VP0R reading high. Is this normal? With battery it pases all asd efi tests!

Ps: is there a way or software to see the actual voltages? Like in the attached picture? Thank you!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

SMC_DCIN_VSENSE should read around 2.75V (2.79V is ok) with a 60W charger. With an 85W charger it may read around 3.1V and that would trigger the error, it's normal. A 60W charger should not trigger the error.

VP0R is the SMC_PBUS_VSENSE line. With no battery, PPBUS_G3H should be around 12.56V so SMC_PBUS_VSENSE should be around 2.1V. When the battery is plugged in and charging it will be a bit lower.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thank you for explaining!
          Any luck with the software i asked?
          Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X