X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Z510

Lenovo Z510 (AILZA NM-A181 REV:1.0)

I got few questions for you:

. When the power is connected the current draw from power supply is around 200mA (0.20A). I have both standby voltages but the strange thing is that the CPU coils are heating a bit and the voltage is 1.7V both either CPU inserted into motherboard or not.
    help me

Re: Lenovo Z510

Have same symptoms. Why is voltage on CPU so high?

Comment

two with same weird symptoms. that is not accident

Comment

i measure that i have all power voltages ok and it looks like it want to start but it detect something and power goes to 10W consumption. system react normal, but stand by consumption is little higher/0,35W/. dont think that even with bad processor ID it can be that high voltage on any usable processor in this laptop. i will try with another processor, but must first find it because it is PGA947 and i dont have it
        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-07-2019, 01:09 AM.

Comment

i try that processor in another board and measure the same symptoms. for me it looks like a bad processor ID = bad processor. dont have another so i must find it somewhere.

can anybody with that PGA947 or PGA946 board, measure voltage on its processor?

My processor is i3-4000M
          Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-07-2019, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I didn't understand what the question or the problem is, but 1.7V on Haswell (or Broadwell) is perfectly fine.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

yes? i was thinking it is way high. i seee that is ok on desktop but i was thinking on laptop it is lower. thanks

so i must concentrate on another things.
              Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-07-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

ok guys. flashing main and ec bios solved the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                  ok guys. flashing main and ec bios solved the problem.
                  I have the same laptop Z510 I5 4200

The laptop starts and the fan getting mad and close
                  I measured Vcore is 1.7 like yours do you have any suggestions

Comment

Hi All,
                    I tested all the power supplies on my laptop motherboard, all of them are ok

Do you know what is the Vcore value for I5 4200, cpuZ says 0.9v, I measured it from the coils on the motherboard two coils are 1.7volt.

This board I bought it from china the old one died, this one works and I see the monitor searching for starting windows, but 3 seconds and after the processor fan go for the fastest speed after 8 seconds more it shutdown the motherboard but the processor is cold. why the fan is speeding even the processor is cold?

I tried to remove the Nividia vga coils to use the intel one, after I removed the coils the laptop starts 3 seconds normal fan speed but closing also but much faster closing

Comment

1.7V on Vcore is ok on this platform. Try cleaning the me region of your bios. Does GFX core rises for that brief moment when it remains on??

Comment

Working...
                      X