Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can somebody teach me how to repair bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can somebody teach me how to repair bios?

Hello. i have repair lenovo z510 with flashing main and ec bios, but now i want to learn how to repair bios, because i dont know everything that i need to inject to new bios, like windows key, or sn and other things

inject windows key is not a problem, because i know how to find it and replace it

but how to repair original bios is another level

Re: can somebody teach me how to repair bios?

Compare corrupt and working bios in HXD and try to spot the problem area.For newer bios, use uefi tool to replace the bios regn(from update file). Though with newer bios there is encryption issue for which you need to use python script to decrypt bios first like dell latitude. Its not easy but certainly you can do it with some effort.

Comment

ok guys as first i need to learn. How to extract windows key from bad bios dump. it looks it have something in it but it wont work.

now i have lenovo Z510 with bad bios, but i cannot locate windows key in it with my usual method with filealyzer

Comment

Load Biosfile with HXD an than search this string as Hex
        010000000000000001000000000000001D000000

Comment

im using filealyzer. with him i search for strings and sort by lenght, but in both main bioses i cannot find windows key

Comment

guys how to find win key in this bios files?
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X