Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubycon's new 3,3uF/400V D8×11,5mm caps, anybody interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubycon's new 3,3uF/400V D8×11,5mm caps, anybody interested?

I've been somewhat monitoring this market because of LED lights, where chinese mount constantly smaller input 400V caps. Recently they started using D8 400V caps, especially for E27 bulbs. Rubycon just recently came up with new series of caps which has 3,3 uF/400 V D8x11,5 mm model, 15000 hours lifetime. As chinese crapacitors die within 2-5 years in the LED bulbs (depends on usage), this will be highly demanded capacitor in time.

I can get these cheaper than even Farnell (which is getting them in march), aprox. USD 0.35 a piece basic selling price, if I take box of 3000 pcs. But it is still too much on purchase price for me, anybody would be interested in part of the order?
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Rubycon's new 3,3uF/400V D8x11,5mm caps, anybody interested?

Digikey carries 8mm Rubycon AX 400v 6.8uF caps... Not too exciting a series, but so far, the only cap of its kind in 8mm to replace equivalent OST caps in certain Linksys adapters.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Interesting to know. However, this is standard cap with short 2000hours lifespan, and believe me, these tiny power supplies for LED will kill such cap in same time they kill chinese caps.

Worse problem is, there is no such cap in Europe. Farnell has 4,7uF PX but with only 1000 hours@105 °C that's a year of continous run. And than these new caps available in march, more expensive than I can sell them.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Farnell has ceased $8 shipping to Canada since November 2014. I told them I'll be using Digikey from now on (I think even Arrow will do $8 shipping, but their stock is pretty ordinary).

Digikey now has Rubycon ZLS which is a nice new little series (And has 16V 2200uF caps in 10mm), and they also have 6.3v 3300uF in 10mm. I ordered a few for an old Enermax EG301P-VE I need for a motherboard that requires -5V.

Farnell was pretty good with their discounts though. $20 shipping is outrageous though and against my principles.
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Yeah they are expensive here too. In this case the basic price does not look so bad, but if you want to buy from here, you pay czech VAT (21 %) and also that shipping so unless you take like 100 pcs, it is quite expensive per piece.

Everything in D10, I have on stock ATM. Both 20mm tall caps for LCD monitors and taller caps for ATX PSUs…I know about those new Rubycons but Chemi-Con has lower prices and smaller MOQs. Will take KYB next time, those have slightly lower ESR than KYA. KYB in 1000 uF/25 V D10x20 (EKYB250ETD102MJ20S) are already ordered and being manufactured, together with KZH 680 uF/16 V D8x15 mm (EKZH160ETD681MH15D), they are often in smaller devices (some thin monitors, than switches, routers etc.).

I guess I'll let it rest until more people are interested in them or I sell more of my stock, right now I have arround 2000 USD (purchase prices) in stock…the greatest disappointment for me is KXJ 150 uF/400 V, I sell them almost for half the price of local well known store. Many radio amateurs also told me how interested they are yet on yesterdays radio market NOBODY bought a single piece…
          Last edited by Behemot; 01-18-2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Caps will be available next week.

Comment

And they are finally on my website Basic price is aprox. 30 US cents.

Comment

Working...
              X