Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lg 42lb5610

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
    Ok you can use the masking method, post a clear picture of the tcon with pcb marking well visible.
    What exactly is the masking method?

Comment

You cut one or more signals by masking the flat cable with ad.tape.

Comment

WhiteWolf:

I just fixed a 50" LG LED TV using masking method.

Basically, you apply very thin layer of "scotch tape" or transparent tape to the leftmost or rightmost pins of the LVDS cable that plugs into the TCONN board. (This method works because some of the LVDS pins are duplicated but when a panel has a short in it, the duplicated pins cause a return path with undesired effects)

If you apply tape to one side, and you get no picture, then try the opposite side of the LVDS cable (because you most likely covered up the 12V power pins).

The width of your scotch tape should only be wide enough to cover 4-5 pins. You may start with a narrow cut of tape that only covers 2 pins, and keep trying slightly wider tape until problem is resolved. On my panel, I covered 5 pins.

USE SCISSORS! Don't just use the dispenser cutter because you will have jagged and sticky adhesive to worry about. Only scissors and smooth edge.

DO NOT LEAVE TV plugged in while doing this. Cut the tape to appropriate width, apply to LVDS cable pins, install cable, then re-apply power. Rushing or taking shortcuts may cause further damage.
        Last edited by Unspun01; 03-03-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I prefer brown "packets tape" 'cause it's well visible.

(This method works because some of the LVDS pins are duplicated but when a panel has a short in it, the duplicated pins cause a return path with undesired effects)
          This is not the theory behind the technique.

If you apply tape to one side, and you get no picture, then try the opposite side of the LVDS cable (because you most likely covered up the 12V power pins).
          No..! The tape must be put on the outmost pins of the TCON>Panel flat of the half where sits the damage, this method excludes all the side's gate drivers.

Comment

This evening i have fixed one very recent LG 49", there was 8 clock lines towards gate drivers on both sides, blocking approx. half of those lines i have successfully fixed the flickering double image, i guess that could be possibly blocked only one of those lines, the less the lines blocked the better is the repair, you don't notice differences at the moment but can be more long lasting.

Comment

Working...
            X